Honored Contributor

I enjoy the Christmas shows, though I wish they were more gift-oriented, rather than mostly decorating.  But at any rate, I have no problem with the amount of Christmas programming. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I enjoy the Christmas shows, though I wish they were more gift-oriented, rather than mostly decorating.  But at any rate, I have no problem with the amount of Christmas programming. 

Hi! This truly is not a criticism of what you said. I was just wondering what you meant by gift-oriented. I guess I see anything and everything that is being sold on QVC or any other place can be a gift for someone. Do you mean something that is special, not like clothes or necessities? Something you might find in a boutique or specialty items?

My thoughts in this regard might be something I got one year, a beautifully framed wall mirror that had my name and a meaningful date on it. Is that what you mean by more gift-oriented?

My mother used to give my sister and I a Christmas arrangement each year, in addition to other things. Over the years we have collected so many of what I would call gift-oriented" items like that from her that we used to decorate our home.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady

🙄!  Why be mad at Q or post this?  Many enjoy these shows including me but I dislike the endless clothing, beauty & food shows.

Thats why one can change the channel but good thing you don't like holiday shows you'll get more accomplished😊 with your life!

Ps: QVC doesn't care if you spend $$ here there's a million other people who do!  Hope you do something fun with those extra $$$. 

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Actually enjoying looking at the  Christmas items but the prices and shipping  seem to be higher so not buying anything. It gives me a good price comparison when shopping elsewhere. Carolyn and Leah are giving that relaxed feeling I need this morning.

@hopi

this is exactly what I did today at both Hobby Lobby & Old Time Pottery.  I calculated the s/h costs into the items.  Most things I like lately in the holiday shows can be bought at traditional stores (or something comparable) at better prices.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler Most of the Christmas shows I've watched are decorator items.  As a rule, I don't give Christmas decorator items as Christmas gifts.  Just a thing about me, I guess.  I always felt that there would be very little, if any, for the recipient to use the gift until the next year.  I'm looking more towards accessories, winter scarves and gloves, tools or gadgets, etc., etc.(Hope I've explained that in a meaningful way!!!Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Don't know what kind of programing OP prefers, but the clothing/shoes/ handbags/beauty still fill about 90% of the on air hours at QVC in any given year. 

So, sorry today's programming doesn't suit you, but stay tuned, because the same old same old will be back by tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thanks, QVC

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette QVC will start having gift shows on very soon. I think they focus more on decor shows first. Then every host will have a show titled "Carolyn's gift show", "Jill's gift favorites", etc..

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette Oh, now I get it. And, yes, you explained it in a meaningful way. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette QVC will start having gift shows on very soon. I think they focus more on decor shows first. Then every host will have a show titled "Carolyn's gift show", "Jill's gift favorites", etc..

And unfortunately, they'll feature pretty much the same things, just as they have for the better part of the last decade, most of which will not be anything most of us would want to give or receive as gifts... I agree with those who posted above that anything they sell is a potential gift... Those awful generic gift shows, once they start, are lethally boring... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I notice to the prices are higher and with 5.50 for shipping even tiger. I bought all the am as stuff I wanted in July .I hope you all have fun shopping .