Honored Contributor

images.jpg

Anybody remember the "Tuscan Villa" items from Big Lots? I have that shapely indigo pitcher above and two indigo candles.  They are all now on 25% off sale.

For months I was eyeing of all things, their "wooden flatware caddy", but refused to get until it went on sale.

Not for flatware though!  For TV remotes.  We have three, which we keep in a bronze wire basket.  But it's so light, it keeps flopping over, or getting kicked over.  This wooden container is flat on bottom, untippable, and tucks nicely under the coffee table.

images.jpg

Looks "primitive", and "rustic", and it is natural materials-- mango wood, and with an iron handle.  The wood was a little dry looking from sitting around the store, so I rubbed in some olive oil, and it came to life.

Anyway, right now the Tuscan items are almost flea market prices.  Look at this other, "mixed media" medallion pitcher-- it reminds me of something you'd find on the isle of Crete, or somewhere.  Only $7.50.

images.jpg

But I'm sticking just to my fun wooden caddy.

Respected Contributor

Re: TUSCAN VILLA DECOR ON SALE

@Oznell  I love that caddy for remotes!  I have a tall round Peterboro basket that we use for ours.  I'm sorry we don't have a Big Lots near where we live, of course, we are not going out too much for the next few weeks.  Enjoy your new decor piece.

Honored Contributor

Hey, thanks @hellodali !  A tall Peterboro basket is a great idea-- it would also completely hide the remotes, which is a big plus.  Our "airy" metal wire basket couldn't do that, which was another reason I wanted a better alternative.

For everybody's information, I think Big Lots ships merchandise, although I've never ordered from them.  But it's good to know, now that we are "distancing" as much as possible....

Respected Contributor

Speaking of Tuscan decor I used to love looking at the Accents of Salado website. A far cry from Big Lots, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, neat, @froggy ,  those heavy, hand-carved benches are especially beautiful, like that "Estancia" one-- love!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Your remote storage is such a "novel" idea!  Enjoy!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks, kind @ECBG !