Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Speaking of Mirage, does anyone else think that the new ones with holly and poinsettia designs look retro? I watched a video of them from yesterday and I kept thinking how much the designs reminded me of early childhood Christmas decorations, things my mother and grandmothers would have displayed.  Early 1970s.  

Not a criticism, just an observation.  I wanted to buy one for nostalgia.  LOL.

I was so hoping for more Mirage, but wasn't too excited with those. I liked the holly better, and now that you bring it up, it does seem more nostalgic, and makes me wish I had ordered that one! I have a vignette that is kind of holly based, so I was thinking about it.

I considered it for quite awhile, but just didn't hit the button.

If you get one, please review it here.

@SHOPR

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Speaking of Mirage, does anyone else think that the new ones with holly and poinsettia designs look retro? I watched a video of them from yesterday and I kept thinking how much the designs reminded me of early childhood Christmas decorations, things my mother and grandmothers would have displayed.  Early 1970s.  

I was so hoping for more Mirage, but wasn't too excited with those. I liked the holly better, and now that you bring it up, it does seem more nostalgic, and makes me wish I had ordered that one! I have a vignette that is kind of holly based, so I was thinking about it.

I considered it for quite awhile, but just didn't hit the button.

If you get one, please review it here.

@SHOPR

@Mominohio, I won't be ordering it, but it certainly did catch my eye for a bit.  I have gotten to the point that I have enough decorative candles with stuff on them.  I like what I have, but I don't want to buy more, unless it's something that I just can't resist.

On pedestals, when I use candle rings, I tend to like undecorated candles, like the Luminara rustic 360s or the Mirage set of 2 that you mentioned.  I don't have any Mirage yet, but I like the looks of that set in particular.   

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Well, I am the lone one who actually bought the TSV, the 8" chocolate.  I have a very large wide lantern bought at zulily in which I plan to put three-four of the candles for my Fall decor.  Right now, it is holding two grey Mirage candles which go well with my Summer Fairy garden, pictures  which I plan to post when I can remember to take them. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, That sounds like the perfect use for the 8" TSV candles.  Please show us your pics if you can. 

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Well, I am the lone one who actually bought the TSV, the 8" chocolate.  I have a very large wide lantern bought at zulily in which I plan to put three-four of the candles for my Fall decor.  Right now, it is holding two grey Mirage candles which go well with my Summer Fairy garden, pictures  which I plan to post when I can remember to take them. Smiley Happy

I was beginning to think I made a major mistake by ordering this TSV.  I've been reading and NO ONE was giving any compliments or any positive vibes with this TSV until I read yours. 

I ordered the navy in the 6" and thinking of buying the garnet red in the 8".

I only have lanterns and will use a few as gifts but the rest will be mine.

Anyone else ordering?

Contributor

I think the tsv is to expensive I can't beleive the prices on them I doubt they will be selling a lot, plus the colors are not holiday colors except for the red,

They usually show the amount sold but I just feel they won't sell a lot at the price they are asking.

Has anyone ordered?

Valued Contributor

Agree  totally with original post.  Boring and expensive.  I am shocked they're not offering different sizes in a set.  Why?  Just why?.  Not buying.

Honored Contributor

@starbrightstarlight123 wrote:

I think the tsv is to expensive I can't beleive the prices on them I doubt they will be selling a lot, plus the colors are not holiday colors except for the red,

They usually show the amount sold but I just feel they won't sell a lot at the price they are asking.

Has anyone ordered?

@starbrightstarlight123  They are actually less expensive than buying the usual way.  It amounts to around $20+ each, and if one is gifting one, it's a great deal.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  You are very observant because in one of the presentations I've seen several and don't remember which one ---- the CI rep or the host said they had a vintage look.......

CI does have wonderful quality.......I have some of those too.  My favorite is a Halloween and a Fall candle ......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I actually LOVE the chocolate.  I got them in the 6 inches.  They scream Fall to me and will look awesome with fake orange leaves on the mantle paired with red luminaras that I already own.  I purchased my red pair in the smaller version at  Bed Bath with remotes and even with a coupon, I paid for the two almost what I'm getting all four of these.  I think it's a really good deal.   

Frequent Contributor

I've only ever purchased Candle Impressions and have always been happy...  but they no longer ever seem to offer 8" candles so I was happy to see..  unfortunately I don't need 4 of them and the only one that seems to have an actual candle glow outside of the flame is the ivory which isn't the color I was interested in....  Just not impressed enough to order four of them.