Esteemed Contributor

Re: THIS MAY BE OLD NEWS, BUT NEW FOR ME

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc  Yes, I sent the link to DH, and I am researching, just hope, as he thinks, that we have do not have to get all new tvs, which I can't believe is the case.  I have to understand it so I can discuss it with DH, not easy, lol.  Thank you for your help, I am the one that the series of books ----- for Dummies were written regarding anything technical, think my brain slams the door just seeing the word, lol.

@mousiegirl - One more note, while it's still pinging around my brain: If you currently have Comcast, I'm guessing there's a strong chance that you have an HDTV, and the HDMI ports featured on the back/side are all you need to be able to connect your TV to a device that would be capable of streaming Sling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc  Yes, I sent the link to DH, and I am researching, just hope, as he thinks, that we have do not have to get all new tvs, which I can't believe is the case.  I have to understand it so I can discuss it with DH, not easy, lol.  Thank you for your help, I am the one that the series of books ----- for Dummies were written regarding anything technical, think my brain slams the door just seeing the word, lol.

@mousiegirl - One more note, while it's still pinging around my brain: If you currently have Comcast, I'm guessing there's a strong chance that you have an HDTV, and the HDMI ports featured on the back/side are all you need to be able to connect your TV to a device that would be capable of streaming Sling.

@loriqvc  All of the tvs are old except the kitchen small tv which we bought about four years ago, but don't know if it is hi-def, but can find out.  I think all I would need would be the bedroom tv, and maybe the litchen, hooked up, and eventually the rec room tv which we will buy after painting and floors are installed, this for DH's use, and we could buy the appropriate tv for there.  I would like to be able to turn on any tv in the house and get what I want, so will be alert to this, and yes, we have comcast, GREEDY CROOKS!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc  All of the tvs are old except the kitchen small tv which we bought about four years ago, but don't know if it is hi-def, but can find out.  I think all I would need would be the bedroom tv, and maybe the litchen, hooked up, and eventually the rec room tv which we will buy after painting and floors are installed, this for DH's use, and we could buy the appropriate tv for there.  I would like to be able to turn on any tv in the house and get what I want, so will be alert to this, and yes, we have comcast, GREEDY CROOKS!

@mousiegirl - One thing to keep in mind is that, like cable, each TV must be connected to a device that can provide the content you want (unless it is a smart TV, which will have the connectivity built in). If you buy one of the "stick" devices, it is fairly easy to move it from one TV to another if you find yourself watching multiple TVs and don't want to purchase multiple devices. However, that said, I've found the box units to be slightly more reliable than the stick versions.

Again, let me know if you have further questions about all this information!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl - One thing to keep in mind is that, like cable, each TV must be connected to a device that can provide the content you want (unless it is a smart TV, which will have the connectivity built in). If you buy one of the "stick" devices, it is fairly easy to move it from one TV to another if you find yourself watching multiple TVs and don't want to purchase multiple devices. However, that said, I've found the box units to be slightly more reliable than the stick versions.

Again, let me know if you have further questions about all this information!

@loriqvc  I am keeping all of your notes for DH to see, and for me to refer too, thank you so much, and I may be back for more info. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl - Anytime! Good luck with your decision making.