Honored Contributor

THE "REGAL LEAPING DEER"-- HERE'S HOPING!

Just ordered my second, and final for the season, Christmas decoration.  (I try to not buy more than one, or two seasonal decs. per year-- doing pretty good staying firm, too, with only the occasional "backslide", ha)

Love, love, love deer, so finally got Valerie's "As Is Set of Graduated Regal Deer on Stands" in the burnished silver. 

https://www.qvc.com/%22As-Is%22-Set-of-2-Graduated-Regal-Deer-on-Stands-by-Valerie.product.H216040.h...

Deer are tricky-- their legs and esp. antlers are vulnerable to breakage, as people here have attested.   And customers did have problems with these, the poles they are mounted on had issues, etc.  But the pretty antlers are metal, not resin, so I reasoned, they at least would be less subject to breakage...  And the reduced price for such charming vintage looking deer was an inducement.  (Giving you a peek into my complex rationalizing process when itching to purchase.)

Am wondering if anyone here was lucky enough to have no flaws and success with these beauties?   Or otherwise?

Respected Contributor

Re: THE "REGAL LEAPING DEER"-- HERE'S HOPING!

@Oznell I hope yours show up in perfect condition!

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003,  what a "deer" you are for saying so-- thanks!

I'll report back when they arrive....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

Crossing my fingers that your deer arrive in perfect condition! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much, @Spurt!

Honored Contributor

Well, sorry to have to report bad news.  The leaping deer arrived with one broken (there's a small, jagged hole where the pole goes up into the deer).  It was a return, that still had the return slip marked "defective" in it!   So it looked like it had not even been inspected, but just sent on, broken deer and all, to a new customer (me.)

This is truly appalling.   Yet, since these "as is" deer are all that's left,  there's no guarantee any others would be better.  I'm either going to send the whole caboodle back, or keep the good deer and hubby would try to mend the other one.  I'd probably purchase just one deer at this price.

They are pretty, with a variegated "pewter" finish, and vintage looking.  Ah, well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell So sorry to hear that! I usually have pretty good luck with "as is," but just had a bad experience with Valerie's deer with cardinals. After much deliberation, I sent them back. Now I kind of wish I'd had tried to fix them, because I'm not sure I'll ever see them again, and they were beautiful! My DH looked at them and couldn't promise he could fix them.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry you had a similar disappointment, @PA Mom-mom.  Bummer! 

Thanks for relating your experience.  I'm torn also...

Respected Contributor

@Oznell I just received my replacement as-is deer with ribbons.  The pair aren't perfect because there's still a very visible gap where the antlers are attached to the standing deer, but overall, this set is a big improvement over the first set I received.  I wouldn't rule out exchanging your as-is for another as-is.  

Honored Contributor

Good feedback, thanks, @Marsha2003.  Glad you got at least "acceptable" improvement with your new flowing ribbon deer.   The various deer are so pretty, and those flowing ribbon ones so graceful!