Honored Contributor

Re: THE HUNT FOR THE PERFECT. . . .

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Glad you found the garland you wanted and at a good price.  Sometimes, Amazon is well-priced and sometimes it's crazy pricing.

I stopped looking at Zulily because I don't want to find anything else that I can't resist. 🙂

@Marsha2003  I know what you mean re zulily, lol, I said a few days ago that I was done, and then all of a sudden tons of wonderful items appeared, but I am done now unless something spectacular shows up.  

@mousiegirl I can't look at all.  If I look, I will find something that I just have to order.  

@Marsha2003  I think the longest I have gone without buying is two-three days, so I have to discipline myself next year, not strong enough to cancel the emails, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Well given how slow the shipping can be with Zulilly Christmas might be over before the garland arrives

@I am still oxox  I didn't buy them at zulily, I bought at amazon, but recently, things are shipping out quickly from zulily, and zulily guarantees delivery by Christmas.  

@mousiegirl  I'm glad you found what you needed for your Gingerbread display.  I have no idea about that since I donated my gingerbread collection a few years ago.

I got my last Zulily order a bit earlier than promised.  But I'm leery of the 'guaranteed  delivery by Christmas' as one year I got my order on Christmas eve.  Wasn't Zulily but it was by Christmas, a little late for holiday decor.  lol

@lucymo  I think improvements have been made, it seems, as my items are flying out, except for one that was cancelled, irked me because just a few days ago it was available again, but it isn't now.  So far, I am happy with everything.

Another item I have been looking for are red glass ball ornaments and green glass ball, had to go to Michael's to find them, and at a much better price.  

Remember the white glittered bay leaf picks and garlands that Valerie brought last year that were a one day only, I believe, very inexpensive, well the picks were at Michael's today.  I bought three silver, imagine buying silver items, but they will go with the silver deer.

I had a lot of large red berry picks from last year, used a lot on the green tree, so I tried a few in the red mercury glass jar with the facted jewel picks and it now looks complete.

I received the Luminara TSV glittered candles today, and they are beautiful.  When the UPs guy handed them to me, they were so heavy that I couldn't imagine what could be in the boxes, forgot already, lol.

Every Tuesday before thanksgiving, I have to get to the market for the Acme French bread, love all of it, which I use in my stuffing.  I was told years ago that the delivery is around eleven, early for me to leave the house, but every year I do it.  wouldn't you know that I didn't sleep well last night, so was staggering around all day, lol, puffy eyes, what a mess, but I got the bread. Smiley Happy

DH will be searching the store tonight for his pumpkin pie which he said was not available on Saturday, I highly doubt this as there are always Mrs. Smith's pies available.

@mousiegirl  Good morning.  I hope you will try to post a pic of your arrangement in the red MG jar.  It sounds very large and pretty.  I'm not getting much done in the decorating area, too much stuff going on.  Why does that happen every year at the holidays?

DH must have forgotten to look in the freezer case at the grocers.  I know there are always Mrs. Smith's pies there.  I actually like that brand of pies too.  I usually like the cherry, then apple.

Yes, I think Zulily is changing their shipping dates some but anyway, they tell when an item will be shipped so it's not a surprise.  I like a lot of their stuff.

I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.  Be safe and eat lots of good food. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Well given how slow the shipping can be with Zulilly Christmas might be over before the garland arrives

@I am still oxox  I didn't buy them at zulily, I bought at amazon, but recently, things are shipping out quickly from zulily, and zulily guarantees delivery by Christmas.  

@mousiegirl  I'm glad you found what you needed for your Gingerbread display.  I have no idea about that since I donated my gingerbread collection a few years ago.

I got my last Zulily order a bit earlier than promised.  But I'm leery of the 'guaranteed  delivery by Christmas' as one year I got my order on Christmas eve.  Wasn't Zulily but it was by Christmas, a little late for holiday decor.  lol

@lucymo  I think improvements have been made, it seems, as my items are flying out, except for one that was cancelled, irked me because just a few days ago it was available again, but it isn't now.  So far, I am happy with everything.

Another item I have been looking for are red glass ball ornaments and green glass ball, had to go to Michael's to find them, and at a much better price.  

Remember the white glittered bay leaf picks and garlands that Valerie brought last year that were a one day only, I believe, very inexpensive, well the picks were at Michael's today.  I bought three silver, imagine buying silver items, but they will go with the silver deer.

I had a lot of large red berry picks from last year, used a lot on the green tree, so I tried a few in the red mercury glass jar with the facted jewel picks and it now looks complete.

I received the Luminara TSV glittered candles today, and they are beautiful.  When the UPs guy handed them to me, they were so heavy that I couldn't imagine what could be in the boxes, forgot already, lol.

Every Tuesday before thanksgiving, I have to get to the market for the Acme French bread, love all of it, which I use in my stuffing.  I was told years ago that the delivery is around eleven, early for me to leave the house, but every year I do it.  wouldn't you know that I didn't sleep well last night, so was staggering around all day, lol, puffy eyes, what a mess, but I got the bread. Smiley Happy

DH will be searching the store tonight for his pumpkin pie which he said was not available on Saturday, I highly doubt this as there are always Mrs. Smith's pies available.

@mousiegirl  Good morning.  I hope you will try to post a pic of your arrangement in the red MG jar.  It sounds very large and pretty.  I'm not getting much done in the decorating area, too much stuff going on.  Why does that happen every year at the holidays?

DH must have forgotten to look in the freezer case at the grocers.  I know there are always Mrs. Smith's pies there.  I actually like that brand of pies too.  I usually like the cherry, then apple.

Yes, I think Zulily is changing their shipping dates some but anyway, they tell when an item will be shipped so it's not a surprise.  I like a lot of their stuff.

I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.  Be safe and eat lots of good food. 

@lucymo  Thank you, wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving also. Smiley Happy

DH came home last night with Claim Jumper frozen pies, lol, what the heck, lol., a pumpkin pie for him, an apple pie for me, we will see.  DH isn't supposed to eat sugar, but on holidays or once in a while, it's okay.  His favorite pie used to be cherry, and I think if he could eat sugar regularly, he would like those also.  I never have baked much due to this, but we used to entertain on weekends, so became proficient in baking, now I only make desserts on holidays or special occasions.

Yes, I will post pictures of the jar and the rest.  I am supposed to get the green tree for the living room on Friday or Saturday so I can begin decorating next Monday.  DD is arriving on the 15th, so I want to have that and the dining room finished, the kitchen doesn't take as long as the those rooms.  She came later last year, and now I am wondering why I told her to come so early as it just puts more pressure on me, as if I need that, lol.  I plan to keep her baking cookies up until Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

DH came home last night with Claim Jumper frozen pies, lol, what the heck, lol., a pumpkin pie for him, an apple pie for me, we will see.  DH isn't supposed to eat sugar, but on holidays or once in a while, it's okay.  His favorite pie used to be cherry, and I think if he could eat sugar regularly, he would like those also.  I never have baked much due to this, but we used to entertain on weekends, so became proficient in baking, now I only make desserts on holidays or special occasions.

Yes, I will post pictures of the jar and the rest.  I am supposed to get the green tree for the living room on Friday or Saturday so I can begin decorating next Monday.  DD is arriving on the 15th, so I want to have that and the dining room finished, the kitchen doesn't take as long as the those rooms.  She came later last year, and now I am wondering why I told her to come so early as it just puts more pressure on me, as if I need that, lol.  I plan to keep her baking cookies up until Christmas.

@mousiegirl  I feel so bad for those who have to limit their desserts, although we all should.  I'm on a low fat diet due to cholestrol problems but with medication I stay in the safe zone. It's cherry pie for me and pecan for DH.  Kids decided they were going out of town so just the two of us to eat tomorrow.  Turkey and ham and all the trimmings.  I'll be up two sizes in clothes by the weekend.  lol

You and DD will have some time to visit and bake together.  No one can help me decorate because I decide what I'm doing as I go along.  I'm working on the DR today but honestly, I'm so tired of glitter everywhere.  We'll have a glittered Butterball turkey for Thanksgiving.  Smiley Happy

Have a good one.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@mousiegirl  I feel so bad for those who have to limit their desserts, although we all should.  I'm on a low fat diet due to cholestrol problems but with medication I stay in the safe zone. It's cherry pie for me and pecan for DH.  Kids decided they were going out of town so just the two of us to eat tomorrow.  Turkey and ham and all the trimmings.  I'll be up two sizes in clothes by the weekend.  lol

You and DD will have some time to visit and bake together.  No one can help me decorate because I decide what I'm doing as I go along.  I'm working on the DR today but honestly, I'm so tired of glitter everywhere.  We'll have a glittered Butterball turkey for Thanksgiving.  Smiley Happy

Have a good one.

@lucymo  DD doesn't decorate, but she did some on the white flocked tree in the red room, I changed it later, lol, as when I add ornaments, I have to rebalance everything.

I picked up some branches in Michaels's yesterday and it was a glitter shower, lol, I still bought them, I like sparkly floors, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Have a good one.

@lucymo  DD doesn't decorate, but she did some on the white flocked tree in the red room, I changed it later, lol, as when I add ornaments, I have to rebalance everything.

I picked up some branches in Michaels's yesterday and it was a glitter shower, lol, I still bought them, I like sparkly floors, lol.

@mousiegirl  I don't mind the floors but I tried to wash my face today and the glitter didn't want to wash off.  I think I'm permanently glittered.  lol  I'm sure we aren't the only ones though, everything is over glittered these days.  I like the sparkle but wish it would stay on the item better.

I order from Michael's online sometimes because the stores are too far to drive very often.  I know the stores have more than online and the specials are better there too.