Respected Contributor

Re: THE BUNNIES ARE HERE!!!! THE BUNNIES ARE HERE!!!!

@Spurt  Just too adorable. I love them all.

Respected Contributor

It was Piper, not Turner. And this year Piper doesn’t seem to have the black and white rabbits.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure they were cute but I refused to look.  I just cannot rush the seasons and my life like that.  Easter is 4/21 this year, a lifetime a way.  

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  awesome and fun to see all you posted it brought a smile on my face. Love it

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt

Why oh why must you "enable" me😉😮I just said today while in Hobby Lobby to my friend "don't let me buy another bunny!"

well, now I'll have to go to Pier 1 just to "look"😉- I'm sure I won't find anything...ya right-🤥🤥🤥

@homedecor1I hear you...if I went to Pier 1 I'd be undoing all of my "trying not to buy more stuff" pact but bought 2 bunies on here :-O. I drive by Pier and do not go in. No one really sees my set ups but it brings me some joy now of remembering good times. My hubby doesn't care at all about holidays and all I have a basement SO full of high end holiday decor and many of my things are from Barbara Kings 'Valley Forge Flowers' ..bought before she got her massive barn and enlarged the store (prices are redic btw) but you would want everything when you walk in. I have to wear blinders when in the vicinity of her store. I saw the Barn..her big store with classes and all, went to see last March well I had enough it was over the hill $$..okay it's the mainline area where the money is but all made in China prices jacked up!

Love that store though I used to frequent, the barn not as much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 

I am familiar with the store I'm originally from that area.  

I ordered her piece at Christmas -- total junk IMO.  Looked nice on tv but not for the price☹️.  I put in Goodwill box.  I found similar thing (also made in China where else😉) in Old Time Pottery it was $22 vs $55 from Q.

And like you, I have beautiful seasonal decor & all holidays. I no longer decorate like I used to although I love my Easter/Spring things. (a big selection of bunnies) I put most of it on NextDoor and am selling it.

I also have 12 place setting of Christmas Lenox (Holly pattern circa 1976 when it was real bone china & handpainted in USA) with every completer pieces, glassware, linens, matching gold silverware, etc. -- it's been boxed for 10 years.  I'm selling it to vintage/antique store.  No one wants it☹️

The other stuff that doesn't sell I'm donating to local nursing homes (seasonal decor) I'm sure the residents will enjoy it!

I told my friends I need to stay focused go in stores like you"with horse blinders"🙂.  And sadly, my spouse doesn't care one way or the other -- I'm the only one who sees it and I'm slowly losing my excitement to decorate like in the past.

In the past month, I have donated more than in 2 years.  I have plans to sell my Temptations & my fiesta pieces there is just the 2 of us & I don't need 12 of anything🙃

PS: just say your tag line -- so sorry for your loss. My hugs & prayers go out to you & your family.🌷

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@mimi5775 

I am familiar with the store I'm originally from that area.  

I ordered her piece at Christmas -- total junk IMO.  Looked nice on tv but not for the price☹️.  I put in Goodwill box.  I found similar thing (also made in China where else😉) in Old Time Pottery it was $22 vs $55 from Q.

And like you, I have beautiful seasonal decor & all holidays. I no longer decorate like I used to although I love my Easter/Spring things. (a big selection of bunnies) I put most of it on NextDoor and am selling it.

I also have 12 place setting of Christmas Lenox (Holly pattern circa 1976 when it was real bone china & handpainted in USA) with every completer pieces, glassware, linens, matching gold silverware, etc. -- it's been boxed for 10 years.  I'm selling it to vintage/antique store.  No one wants it☹️

The other stuff that doesn't sell I'm donating to local nursing homes (seasonal decor) I'm sure the residents will enjoy it!

I told my friends I need to stay focused go in stores like you"with horse blinders"🙂.  And sadly, my spouse doesn't care one way or the other -- I'm the only one who sees it and I'm slowly losing my excitement to decorate like in the past.

In the past month, I have donated more than in 2 years.  I have plans to sell my Temptations & my fiesta pieces there is just the 2 of us & I don't need 12 of anything🙃

PS: just say your tag line -- so sorry for your loss. My hugs & prayers go out to you & your family.🌷

@homedecor1  Ty for the post. funny how you know the area!

My stuff was great back then (Waterloo Gardens I must've bought so much I can't even disclose but it was good stuff lol- gave tons away and DAP their eyes light up when hubby drops it off for me in box after box). Waterloo is TG now CLOSED a few years now. You know what? I'm soo glad. My home which is so big made me think I can fill it up w/their lovely stuff and did but it was looking and kinda is cluttered but I'm working on it but after my son I cannot think right...sometimes I see things and have this fog and cant think of where or what to do with it all. And HIS things..omgosh. Can't go there but Ty for the nice words and prayers, that means so much from people I do not even know - I feel the kindness.

Ptsd they said after he died..still there and why I can't handle facebook.

Okay onto more upbeat things..like you sound like me...as we get older I found there is that lack of desire and all to get all the stuff out when just 2 people.

I think much is in my mind and others too.. that memory and wanting it back....even though I only had Xmas 2 times here at my home it was stressful as all heck but fun... so many in the family then, nearby but people grow up, move and beloved parents pass away.

Like you all those $$ Lenox and such is worthless as much of our younger people want modern, not stuff from China like us (me) and I really hate that China thing! happy tariffs were in place! The kids really want for nothing much but tech things and eating out, trips.

Sad so many beautiful things now are worth nada.

I love fiesta ware and wanted to get that and thought a for a while..then thought heck who needs it like you said ... it's just us now but we've enough kitcehn stuff for 6 kids or more!.

LOL at the horse blinders I just said that and should buy some!

My TJmaxx and Home Goods are like 5 mns from my home.. drive by with head looking stait at he car in front. I applaude myself for baby steps in life when I can do that.

No one cares but me so I do less liek you now and it makes me smile still.

Maybe I will get back to my fancy tree decorating and will do it as if my son were here...he would want me to be happy people say and I believe it!. I think about that a lot.

Well you are a kindred spirit with me in this "stuff deal" - good luck with giving it away, never heard of the one place will look now and I'll be doing the same ...but little by little.

Have a nice weekend and nice to met ya! Take care now.

<3

*No need to reply..I know my post is long

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 

I know you said no need to reply but I wanted to share - 1.5 years ago I lost my closest nephew & his fiancé right after they left a family dinner in a tragic accident -- taking both their lives in a instant😥.  There are No words for a mother & father losing a child.  They kept his FB (and hers) up for a very long time -- it was comforting to know for all of us randomly someone was thinking of him & posted something beautiful.  My last post from him on FB a few days prior to his accident was a verse from the bible about being grateful, sharing & loving every day.  As a young man he had

more wisdom than most🙂🙏🏻.

My son battled cancer for 2 long years.  God gave him a second chance and I'm thankful everyday.  He fought thru every chemo, surgery & more.  I'm thankful and he was told he couldn't father children but God had another blessing -- I have beautiful GD🙂.

Yes, it's sad about the beautiful things we have in our homes but  I realize it's better now that I'm "retired & downsized".   Of course, I wish I could turn the clock back  to simplier times & when my home was full of craziness from kids, family, occasions.  The younger generation (my kids) have no use for excess but that's OK.  When I donate I know someone will give that item a good home.  

Our homes are our sanctuary & I always decorated my home for me!  And boy did I love this one store and like you I think I had more than needed.  Plus, I owned a home design & decor business where I went to trade shows ....well you can guess the rest😉

downsizing from 4 bedroom big colonial with garage & full basement to 2 bedroom villa I'm still adjusting😮.  Sometimes I ask where does this "stuff" come from when I have limited storage🤔.  

I'm sure your son is smiling down from heaven everyday on you.  That's how I feel about my parents (died when I was young) and my nephew(s).  My closest cousin "lost" her son when he was 10 (9 years ago).  YET she is always the first to remind me "everyday" you need to find what gives you joy🌷🌷-- a great lesson learned from someone who has the biggest loss in life☹️

Nice meeting you and I will continue to keep you & yours in my prayers.🙏🏻

(sorry this is long)