Honored Contributor

That's a great term, @Marsha2003 --  "elegant storage".  It gives you a way of seeing your things in a less-utillitarian way.  I love to see old, mismatched silver displayed that way too:

Screenshot_2021-04-20 Prettie Sweet Vintage decor, Vintage vignettes, Decor.png

My parents collected a few, tiny little silverplate, souvenir coffee spoons from a trip to Ireland, Britain and Europe.  They have pretty enamel tops, and I had them in a drawer for decades.  Then I got them out and put in a small votive in dining room--  they are so cute, and a fun reminder of past good times.

Here's the ultimate in elegant storage, with a different twist.  The useful objects themselves aren't "beautiful",  but the containers are:

Screenshot_2021-04-20 Vintage Silver Everyday Decorating Ideas Silver tea set, Easy home decor, Decor.png

Honored Contributor

I don't really like taper candle decorations and displays like this. I want my tapers in candle holders. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  I like the decorative ideas using taper candles but I don't use tapers on the whole. For some reason, they scare the daylights out of me when lighted.