Respected Contributor

Suggestions For Christmas Tree

I am trying to find a tree I like and is easy to put up....so far the only one I have seen is at Home Depot...by Martha Stewart....called her glistening tree.  I just love the light glistening effect and it's full looking believe it's supposed to be a pine perhaps?  

There's only a few things I would change....only white lights is option would have loved it to offer multicolor too...for when we want that but not that much of a big deal.  

I do not like the TSV at all...it's sickening dizzying....WAY to much going on.  I don't like the flocked stuff at all and even the all green appears to be that rubber stuff tress are made of now.  

I wish the Home Depot tree had a smaller base diameter too...for some reason the 7.5ft tree is abit larger then the 9ft tree in this glistening effect.  When I saw it in person and touched it I loved how this material is put on...it's nothing like flocking or glitter...not at all...so subtle and beautiful. 

If anyone knows of where else to look for something similar with more options...thanks!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suggestions For Christmas Tree

@tsavorite  Balsam Hill has some awesome trees. ( Balsamhill.com )     They have what they call a "flip tree".  You can watch a video to see how it works.   We haven't bought one yet but am seriously considering it.  It's genious!!  A bit pricey but I think it will be the last tree you ever have to buy and the quality seems good, as all of thier products I have purchased in the past.  Good luck and enjoy the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

In the past Costco has had some nice trees that you can change from white to multi.

I always look for a high light count on a tree as well as fullness and ease of assembly.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Christmas trees and do multiple trees, multiple sizes in my home. I've collected them over the years. I prefer the multi color or non-traditional lights but will mix them with some smaller trees with the white lights. The brands I have are:

Santa's Best -gree tree but with the multi lights --no crazy control feature

Vickerman- white trees with white lights and one with multi lights

Bethlehem lights--antique gold tree with amber lights--simply stunning

Sterling (HSN) white with multi lights

I don't use every tree every year so my trees last a long time. I won't buy a tree unless it has a 3-5 year warranty.

I have always wanted white tree with multi lights but no flocking. I won't have another flocked tree. I have been looking at Balsam Hill trees for years.

Decide on your budget and go from there. I have an AT Home store near me and I was surprised that they had a wide selection of trees and very affordable. If you want a non-traditional color of tree the T &M hardware chain always have them. 

I put them together myself and am only 5'5".  The newer trees are much easier than the older trees that I have. Decide on how easy of a set up that you want/need.  This wll help eliminate some of the confusion when you are making your choice.

Note: Make sure to check the shipping charges if you order on line. I noticed this year that some are costly. The only free shipping I saw were on the more expensive trees. I add in everything including the length of the warranty.  

Valued Contributor

Just ordered mine from Costco.  Saw it in the wearhouse and it was beautiful.  Changes from multi to white, remote etc.  I was a little putoff that they charged $15 for shipping until I saw today's s/h charge.  Wowzer.  Anyway, this is my second Costco tree and they are great.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite

thank you for posting....I want to go see the Martha Stewart glistening tree. I don't care for all the flashing lights at all. To me it's not peaceful or serene.

Also the shipping is crazy !

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite,   Target offers trees, Lowes, Menards, and you can Goggle artificial trees to see if there is a store in your area that just sells Christmas decorations.  Good luck.  TSV is ugly.  The warm white looks yellow.  Purple lights for Christmas?  I don't think so.  Yes, you would get dizzy sitting in your family room with that tree rockin out!   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the ideas ladies....still looking.  At $249 for the one at HD I am thinking I will just go get that one...if it's awful hubby will pack it back up for me LOL!

Online places have alot to pick from for sure but not touching it or seeing it in person is hard for me to do.  I ordered Q's last TSV tree and it didn't work when it got here...they paid return shipping on it.  It was ugly and lights were sparse and not evenly put on...quality looked poor for that price.  I'd hate to have to ship another mistake back!

Respected Contributor

The easiest tree to put up is a slim or decorator tree in my opinion. I also always put on my own lights. I use a LOT of decorations so in my humble opinion, the tree does not need to be expensive to be beautiful.

Hope you find one. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

The easiest tree to put up is a slim or decorator tree in my opinion. I also always put on my own lights. I use a LOT of decorations so in my humble opinion, the tree does not need to be expensive to be beautiful.

Hope you find one. Smiley Wink

I am looking for another slim tree. I have no room for a huge full one. Got one at Home Depot a few years ago, but the lights keep going out. Now I'm thinking of one with no lights and just put my own on.