Esteemed Contributor

Re: Southwest Christmas Decor

I lived in the High Desert of CA for 25 years and never heard of a Saguaro cactus in our area.  We had many other types including Joshua Tree, which if they're healthy can be magnificent.  Now that I live in Northern AZ where there are almost no cactii of any type but I love going into Scottsdale area where there are many beautiful Saguaros ( if I lived there in one of the very expensive mansions, I might decorate some version of a cactus.

Honored Contributor

• @tansy    Beware!  I just found this review on Amazon for the product.  I got suspicious because it was described as being both ceramic and resin.  I have a bad experience with products from Facebook ads. 

" FAKE DO NOT BUY

Reviewed in the United States on November 18, 2021
Color: D

Total FAKE! Do not buy! Pics were stolen.
The images for this product listing were stolen directly from Brushstrokes Pottery. The original artist hand paints the ceramic and hers are the real deal. Don't buy this low quality knockoff"
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop   @tansy    Try goigling this place.  It appears to be the real deal.  Sorry, against rules to post a link. 

Screenshot_20211211-201343_Chrome.jpg

Respected Contributor

So do I have to take down my chili ristra glass

ornament 😁? This ceramic design is not new; I made one for my mom probably 25 or 30 years ago(unlit and a soft green with presents underneath). She loved it. 

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal    No, you have permission to keep your glass ristra. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@tucsongal    No, you have permission to keep your glass ristra. 

Whew! 😉

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Adorable....especially for those living in Arizona

I've lived in AZ for 18 years and I wouldn't use them in my house. I don't do any southwest decor inside - just not my thing. All of our Mexican and SW decor is done outdoors.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspatmac   I have prickly pear popping up all over my gravel yard.  Small pieces blow in and root.  I get rid of the fast as I don't want a big patch of them.  Once established, any cactus is very hard and expensive to get rid of. I also had a cholla cactus root and grow. 

@Kachina624  We had to get rid of all of our prickly pears. It just attracted javelina. And their poop.

Honored Contributor

@froggy  Not my style either for my home, but they are cute....and I'm sure there are those who would treasure this item.  Different strokes....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   now I get your point.    For some reason I was thinking there was something about the decorative pieces themselves I should have been able to see.  Millie