Occasional Contributor

Re: Song: Mary have you heard

Robert Downey Jr does a great version also.

Trusted Contributor

"Mary Did You Know" is one of the MOST beautiful songs.  I honestly got actual chill bumps just thinking about it when I read this post.  Definitely one of my favorite songs.

Honored Contributor

Another vote here for Pentatonix's version. I played this over and over last Christmad.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I don't think I've heard this yet. Can anyone tell me who sings this? I'll have to listen for it this year. I really don't think I've ever heard this yet. Thanks.

@qualitygal, https://www.bing.com/search?q=pentatonix+mary+did+you+know&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Michael English also does an incredible version. 

It is on one of his first CDs (the one with In Christ Alone) which was NOT a Christmas CD.

"Mary, Did you Know" is a beautiful ballad I listen to all year long.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, Oh my gosh!!! I listened to them, and it gave me chills!!! That was fabulous. What a group they are!!! Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Mary, Did you Know? became my favorite Christmas song the first time I heard it, and this is the best rendition I've heard yet:

Peter Hollens

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG, Oh my gosh that's fabulous too!!! For not knowing this song, I've had a wonderful way to hear all about it. It's a beautiful song and these are great singers. Thanks so much!!! It makes me want to cry, it's wonderful.

Valued Contributor

You might also like,  the version sung by the Von Trapp children-perhaps one of the purest versions I've ever heard...

I actually keep this on my play list all year long-find it comforting on those days when the whole world seems to have gone mad- Smiley Wink

Have fun.....

Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful song & for Christians  not just limited to Christmas.  My church does a Christmas concert every year & a different soloist will perform this song.   It will give you chills.   Huge choir & orchestra.

Now I'm excited!