Honored Contributor

Something I am going to try this year

Image result for images of christmas decor in a bread bowl

This is a Pinterest image. I am going to do something similar to my bread bowl, I think. I love the juxtaposition of the greens and the fragility of the white ornaments. I will more than likely add some battery operated candles to mine, for nighttime sparkle. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Something I am going to try this year

Very pretty and it would be quick and easy to do.  Post a photo of the finished masterpiece please.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, I will, unless mine is a disaster, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I've been on the hunt for an oblong wooden bowl.  I think your bowl project will turn out great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 , that is a good inspiration!  Pls do post your finished product.

I have to say that I need someone to give me a kick in the behind to get me going this year.  Outdoors is all done.  I reworked a couple of things indoors but haven't really done anything substantive yet.

My fruitcake is done.

5CD86D5E-BE3F-4742-B7DB-FF570BD0FE63.jpeg

I am having company next weekend so that might motivate me.  

Oh wait, not even December 1st...that's not too bad is it???  LM

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

Image result for images of christmas decor in a bread bowl

This is a Pinterest image. I am going to do something similar to my bread bowl, I think. I love the juxtaposition of the greens and the fragility of the white ornaments. I will more than likely add some battery operated candles to mine, for nighttime sparkle. 

@Snicks1   It will be beautiful.  I love white and green for Spring, and have made arrangements with only those colors.

I am planning on having a 3.5 white flocked lit tree this year with only snowflakes and white lit sparkling globes, then on the surface a snowman village.  I will set up the gingerbread display on the table and tree as this year, DD is planning to come home, but am more excited about displays I havn't done before, the need to create, you know. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I decorate by seasons, not holidays so this would be perfect . Fit right into my winter, woodland theme.

Trusted Contributor

@Snicks1 

So pretty.  I too hope you'll post pictures after you do it.  I really like the simplicity of it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think that you can go wrong with classic decor for the winter season. I like to use greens and berries. I bet your finished product will be beautiful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Snicks1 , that is a good inspiration!  Pls do post your finished product.

I have to say that I need someone to give me a kick in the behind to get me going this year.  Outdoors is all done.  I reworked a couple of things indoors but haven't really done anything substantive yet.

My fruitcake is done.

5CD86D5E-BE3F-4742-B7DB-FF570BD0FE63.jpeg

I am having company next weekend so that might motivate me.  

Oh wait, not even December 1st...that's not too bad is it???  LM

@Lilysmom   Looks yummy.  My Mother made a horrible fruitcake, nonbaked, nothing but the candied fruit.  She did make a yummy steamed pudding served with a rum hard sauce, the best part, lol. What is in your fruitcake?

One year, I made a fruitcake with all dried fruit, soaked in a liquor fruit glaze, delicious!  I sent some off to relatives saying, if you don't like it, feed it to the birds, lol, am sure the birds would love it.