Super Contributor

Someboy mentioned Val's Holiday Lanterns As Is Available

I'm pretty sure I remember someone here mentioning being interested in Valeries Red with Holly and Green with Christmas tree wooden lanterns. They are availalbe as is right now. 

Hey, I'm just doing my enabling part here LOL  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Someboy mentioned Val's Holiday Lanterns As Is Available

LoL, @Coopsmommy, I already ordered myself a green one in the middle of the night, night before last.  I was too groggy to post, though!  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I have the red one.  I knew it was a bit distressed, but was a little surprised how much distressing there was.  I am considering painting it a deep rich red.

Valued Contributor

@Coopsmommy — it might have been me that mentioned I wanted those lanterns if they ever showed up on “as is”.  Since then I made the responsible decision to use the black lanterns I already have.  I just don’t have the storage space or $$ to buy seasonal lanterns in different colors.  I bought black ones at TJ Maxx for $14 each, put Luminara candles in them and I embellish them according to the season.  Thank you though for the heads up.  Much appreciated!

Super Contributor

@SHOPR

@Beauty Maven

Yay, I'm glad i wasn't imagining it haha! I think they're very nice and if I could in any possible way fit in another lantern I would have bought them myself. I saw Valerie had a video that showed those mixed in with other lanterns black, green, red and they looked great. Enjoy!

@GCR18

I bet it would great with a darker red too....I'm not very crafty, especially when it comes to painting. Good Luck!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone,

My as is green wooden lantern H218549 arrived today. 

Even though the box showed signs of having been shipped and returned already, the inside contents looked completely untouched. 

I really like the looks of this lantern so far.  Whew, what a relief! Cat LOL

Just wanted to let everyone know that, in my opinion, it's a nice quality and nice sized lantern for the as is reduced price.  Take note of the width if considering it for a narrow space because it's quite substantial.

The metal top looks like online pics with no noticeable dents.  

There are a few minor imperfections, such as the oval-ish wooden frames that surround the (possibly plexi-) glass windows are a bit crooked, and there is one tiny scuff where the raw wood shows through.

The black paint on the hanging hook is scratched off a bit as if it wasn't allowed to fully dry before packaging. The white paint on the metal tree decorations is a bit scratched, but I think they are supposed to look that way, distressed, in this instance.  These minor imperfections do not look out of place at all, in my opinion, on this very rustic distressed style lantern.  On a smooth metal Luminara lantern, for example, I would notice them, but they don't stand out at all on this style.

I notice that the plexi-glass panes are glued into position on the inside, so I'm going to have to pry out the metal tree decorations carefully, to the outside, with the panes still in place.  I really don't think the actual panes will come out without breaking, because there is a lot of glue.  I will wait to remove the metal tree inserts for a while longer.  The trees may grow on me (LOL) and I may decide not to remove them. 

Probably, though, I'll remove the trees and use these year-round somewhere.  I have light sage walls in one room, and a similar sagey tan color in another room, and this green slightly-whitewashed color goes well with those rooms.

I didn't mean to write a book, but wanted to review for anyone considering the purchase.  Cat Happy 

"As Is" 17.5" Wooden Lantern with Metal Design & Microlights - H218549

https://www.qvc.com/%22As-Is%22-175%22-Wooden-Lantern-with-Metal-Design-%26-Microlights.product.H218...