Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some pics of my kitchen ledge with Jim Shore pieces

@lucymowrote:

@crazycockermom  OOPs, I guess I didn't have my glasses on and see the cabinet doors and knobs in the one picture.  I'm not all together right.  lol

@lucymo

@crazycockermom

I'm not "right" either and freely admit to that fact.  LOL

I saw the knobs so knew it was the kitchen but if not for those knobs, that could be one gorgeous fireplace mantel, with what looks like a fireplace opening below...;-)

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  I love the shelf, wish I had known about such a shelf when I remodeled my kitchen three or so years ago, have never seen one, believe it or not, in all of my researching.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@crazycockermom  OOPs, I guess I didn't have my glasses on and see the cabinet doors and knobs in the one picture.  I'm not all together right.  lol

@lucymo

@crazycockermom

I saw the knobs so knew it was the kitchen but if not for those knobs, that could be one gorgeous fireplace mantel, with what looks like a fireplace opening below...;-)

@SHOPR  Thank you, my friend.  I guess we're a bunch of 'looney tunes' grouped together and understand each other.  Smiley Happy

Are you working on any projects at the moment?  I'm replacing my sofa and loveseat and looking for a couple of accent chairs and lamps.  I think I'll keep the tables because they get used so much I don't want to worry about new ones.  We've cleaned the carpet and I feel good about that.  Wanting to do hardwood but not sure we'll tackle that right now.

I have some  small things that I want to do like make floral pieces for spring and summer.  I have to do that before CIJ or I'll start thinking of Christmas.  I'm still downsizing my decor stash and clothes. I sure don't need to buy but when CIJ comes around I lose my mind.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl
Thanks! The previous owners had updated the kitchen so I was just happy with it as it was. Some people with high ceilings have a lot of room for knick knacks (or is it nick nacks?). I’m glad I at least have this shelf. 😊
Respected Contributor

@lucymo, SHOPR, and whoever else isn’t right..

No worries! I know the feeling. 😆
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermomwrote:
@lucymo, SHOPR, and whoever else isn’t right..

No worries! I know the feeling. 😆

@crazycockermomThe important thing is we all love your decor.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Awwww. Thanks lucymo! ☺️
Esteemed Contributor

@lucymowrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@lucymo

@crazycockermom

@SHOPR  Thank you, my friend.  I guess we're a bunch of 'looney tunes' grouped together and understand each other.  Smiley Happy

Are you working on any projects at the moment?  I'm replacing my sofa and loveseat and looking for a couple of accent chairs and lamps.  I think I'll keep the tables because they get used so much I don't want to worry about new ones.  We've cleaned the carpet and I feel good about that.  Wanting to do hardwood but not sure we'll tackle that right now.

I have some  small things that I want to do like make floral pieces for spring and summer.  I have to do that before CIJ or I'll start thinking of Christmas.  I'm still downsizing my decor stash and clothes. I sure don't need to buy but when CIJ comes around I lose my mind.

@lucymo, New furniture sounds fun!  That's like home decor you can enjoy year-round, right? Cat Wink So treat yourself to some pretty pieces and I really hope it all comes together for you. 

I will never be done cleaning out and reorganizing my spare/junk room.  It is always last on my mental list of things to tackle, so I never make much progress.  Other things always take priority, and then I'm too exhausted to care. 

I must not buy a single Christmas or CIJ item this year, period, no matter how cute, no matter how easily I can work it in to my other decorations.  I must be strong.  If it is something that I know I can and will use year-round, then maybe. 

I'm at the point where I want to declutter that junk room much more than I want any new cute things.  This, coming from someone who just bought 2 things from VPH last month.  Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

Your shelf/ledge looks great, but oh man!!! Your kitchen cabinets are beautiful.

I have cabinet envy really bad right now!LOL

Respected Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@crazycockermom

Your shelf/ledge looks great, but oh man!!! Your kitchen cabinets are beautiful.

I have cabinet envy really bad right now!LOL

Thanks!  I do love my cabinets and kitchen, but like any house, it definitely has its flaws, so don’t be too envious!  Lol