Honored Contributor

Re: Some pics of my kitchen ledge with Jim Shore pieces

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@crazycockermom  OOPs, I guess I didn't have my glasses on and see the cabinet doors and knobs in the one picture.  I'm not all together right.  lol

@lucymo

@crazycockermom

I'm not "right" either and freely admit to that fact.  LOL

I saw the knobs so knew it was the kitchen but if not for those knobs, that could be one gorgeous fireplace mantel, with what looks like a fireplace opening below...;-)

@SHOPR  Thank you, my friend.  I guess we're a bunch of 'looney tunes' grouped together and understand each other.  Smiley Happy

Are you working on any projects at the moment?  I'm replacing my sofa and loveseat and looking for a couple of accent chairs and lamps.  I think I'll keep the tables because they get used so much I don't want to worry about new ones.  We've cleaned the carpet and I feel good about that.  Wanting to do hardwood but not sure we'll tackle that right now.

I have some  small things that I want to do like make floral pieces for spring and summer.  I have to do that before CIJ or I'll start thinking of Christmas.  I'm still downsizing my decor stash and clothes. I sure don't need to buy but when CIJ comes around I lose my mind.

@lucymo, New furniture sounds fun!  That's like home decor you can enjoy year-round, right? Cat Wink So treat yourself to some pretty pieces and I really hope it all comes together for you. 

I will never be done cleaning out and reorganizing my spare/junk room.  It is always last on my mental list of things to tackle, so I never make much progress.  Other things always take priority, and then I'm too exhausted to care. 

I must not buy a single Christmas or CIJ item this year, period, no matter how cute, no matter how easily I can work it in to my other decorations.  I must be strong.  If it is something that I know I can and will use year-round, then maybe. 

I'm at the point where I want to declutter that junk room much more than I want any new cute things.  This, coming from someone who just bought 2 things from VPH last month.  Cat Embarassed

@SHOPR  I had to laugh at you saying you shouldn't buy a single thing from CIJ.  We are the same people who preordered items so they wouldn't sell out on us. Now, we are decluttering and  donating those items that we just couldn't pass up. I still buy wreaths, garlands and candles sometimes but sparingly.  I have sold a few things on our online yardsales but most people don't want the dust catchers.  Dishes, linens, furniture etc sell well here, usable stuff. 

Maybe we can band together and help each other not buy by reminding them of what they have.  I  can't keep buying table decor, it's just silly.  I'm tired of  this purging work.  Smiley Happy It was so much more fun when I was buying all of this stuff.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymowrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@crazycockermom  OOPs, I guess I didn't have my glasses on and see the cabinet doors and knobs in the one picture.  I'm not all together right.  lol

@lucymo

@crazycockermom

I saw the knobs so knew it was the kitchen but if not for those knobs, that could be one gorgeous fireplace mantel, with what looks like a fireplace opening below...;-)

@SHOPR  Thank you, my friend.  I guess we're a bunch of 'looney tunes' grouped together and understand each other.  Smiley Happy

Are you working on any projects at the moment?  I'm replacing my sofa and loveseat and looking for a couple of accent chairs and lamps.  I think I'll keep the tables because they get used so much I don't want to worry about new ones.  We've cleaned the carpet and I feel good about that.  Wanting to do hardwood but not sure we'll tackle that right now.

I have some  small things that I want to do like make floral pieces for spring and summer.  I have to do that before CIJ or I'll start thinking of Christmas.  I'm still downsizing my decor stash and clothes. I sure don't need to buy but when CIJ comes around I lose my mind.

@lucymo, New furniture sounds fun!  That's like home decor you can enjoy year-round, right? Cat Wink So treat yourself to some pretty pieces and I really hope it all comes together for you. 

I will never be done cleaning out and reorganizing my spare/junk room.  It is always last on my mental list of things to tackle, so I never make much progress.  Other things always take priority, and then I'm too exhausted to care. 

I must not buy a single Christmas or CIJ item this year, period, no matter how cute, no matter how easily I can work it in to my other decorations.  I must be strong.  If it is something that I know I can and will use year-round, then maybe. 

I'm at the point where I want to declutter that junk room much more than I want any new cute things.  This, coming from someone who just bought 2 things from VPH last month.  Cat Embarassed

@SHOPR  I had to laugh at you saying you shouldn't buy a single thing from CIJ.  We are the same people who preordered items so they wouldn't sell out on us. Now, we are decluttering and  donating those items that we just couldn't pass up. I still buy wreaths, garlands and candles sometimes but sparingly.  I have sold a few things on our online yardsales but most people don't want the dust catchers.  Dishes, linens, furniture etc sell well here, usable stuff. 

Maybe we can band together and help each other not buy by reminding them of what they have.  I  can't keep buying table decor, it's just silly.  I'm tired of  this purging work.  Smiley Happy It was so much more fun when I was buying all of this stuff.  LOL

@lucymo  Re your last sentence, " It was so much more fun when I was buying all of this stuff,"  and as the phrase goes, "ain't that the truth!"  LOL 

I am still putting Christmas away, but yesterday I did bring out some Spring decor.  Last year, I bought a lot of H214197 in green.  I used them in Valerie's tall green hurricanes of last year on the mantle with berry branches, and all along I had planned to use them for Spring decor minus the berry branches.  I brought them to the kitchen and not until then did I notice that they sparkle with red, green, and other colors, which makes them more for Christmas, really pretty, though I thought they were even before I noticed this feature.  I may still use them as long as I like them, but if I feel they don't fit in, back in the box until next Christmas.

At some point this year, I will have a lot more donations, but none will be decor, lol.  I know there are about three never used ice cream makers, lol, don't know why I bought them as I have a large, heavy professional one, think I must have had DD in mind, who knows, lol.

Remember the two faux green lit trees I mentioned, one of which I removed the white lights from.  When it was time to either return or store the other, we plugged in and when the tree lit up with seems like thousands of tiny white lights, I uttered, WOW.  I was so surprised that I love it so will leave this tree alone, and use it in the rec room decorated with my animal bottlebrush collection and wood animal ornaments, along with some glass ornaments, can't wait to see it decorated.  It was a bit extravagant to keep both, but as long as I can use them and enjoy them, it's fine.

Grey rainy weather lately, finally, and still cold though not as cold as before the rain.  I am looking out of the window over my computer seeing very tall green weeds, thinking I should hire someone to pull them, but they wouldn't know the difference between a weed and a seedling, as once had someone in to pull weeds and he pulled out plants, fired that dude, lol.

Have a nice weekend, in the snow, I presume. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@lucymowrote:

@lucymo

@crazycockermom

@lucymo  Re your last sentence, " It was so much more fun when I was buying all of this stuff,"  and as the phrase goes, "ain't that the truth!"  LOL 

I am still putting Christmas away, but yesterday I did bring out some Spring decor.  Last year, I bought a lot of H214197 in green.  I used them in Valerie's tall green hurricanes of last year on the mantle with berry branches, and all along I had planned to use them for Spring decor minus the berry branches.  I brought them to the kitchen and not until then did I notice that they sparkle with red, green, and other colors, which makes them more for Christmas, really pretty, though I thought they were even before I noticed this feature.  I may still use them as long as I like them, but if I feel they don't fit in, back in the box until next Christmas.

At some point this year, I will have a lot more donations, but none will be decor, lol.  I know there are about three never used ice cream makers, lol, don't know why I bought them as I have a large, heavy professional one, think I must have had DD in mind, who knows, lol.

Remember the two faux green lit trees I mentioned, one of which I removed the white lights from.  When it was time to either return or store the other, we plugged in and when the tree lit up with seems like thousands of tiny white lights, I uttered, WOW.  I was so surprised that I love it so will leave this tree alone, and use it in the rec room decorated with my animal bottlebrush collection and wood animal ornaments, along with some glass ornaments, can't wait to see it decorated.  It was a bit extravagant to keep both, but as long as I can use them and enjoy them, it's fine.

Grey rainy weather lately, finally, and still cold though not as cold as before the rain.  I am looking out of the window over my computer seedling very tall green weeds, thinking I should hire someone to pull them, but they wouldn't know the difference between a weed and a seedling, once had someone in to pull weeds and he pulled out plants, fired that dude, lol.

Have a nice weekend, in the snow, I presume. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Hey there, girl, good to hear from you.  I've been into so many other things that I haven't been on here much.  I do check to see what you all are up to though.  lol

I read your post and I agree, if something makes you happy, by all means, keep it.  The stuff I'm purging is stuff I over bought and just don't use.  I'll keep a couple of each but don't need so much.  I had enough trees, finials and spheres for five houses so it's a chore to figure which ones to use.  Now I'll use most of what I have left when I finish downsizing the stash. 

I would like to add that my Reindeer is not to be purged, except for a couple of pair that I let my DGD take last year. Those things will stay until I pass on.  I'm just changing the way I decorate.

We had a beautiful sunny day here today.  Temps near 60, a bit cool but I walked around with the yorkie man this afternoon.  No snow for awhile but might still get some.  This is southern Mo. so anything can come.  Tornado caused a lot of destruction just down the road a bit from me last week.  Lots of property damage.

I haven't decorated for Easter so far this year.  Looks like I won't be doing much.  I saw some pretty spring wreaths at our local Walmart for $16+ done in pretty colors.  I was in a hurry and didn't check them too close though but thinking of going back to see how well they are made. They had other pieces too don't know if any candlerings.  I find their candlering aren't large enough in the center ring for a 3" candle so I cut the ring and turn it to the back and use it most places except coffee table.