Respected Contributor

Re: Some new Christmas items I received

@homedecor1
Thanks so much! I am really trying to limit my home decor/holiday purchasing too. But, Jim Shore got me. LOL

He really seems so genuine and you can tell he puts his heart and soul into his work. Such a kind man. And as I said I’m trying to add to my Jim Shore collection slowly and get the pieces that really speak to me.

I’m not hoping for the holiday season to be here yet as the year is flying by too fast, but I am looking forward to displaying my new pieces. ☺️
Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Marsha2003
Thanks so much for the info! I tried to buy the coordinating angel, but after I went through the payment process it said it wasn’t available anymore. 😕

Amazon has 2 available - $44, free Prime shipping.

I'm good at spending other peoples money.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@yellowrose
Thanks! LOL
Me too!!
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom 

So excited to see you posting!

And these look fabulous together, like they were all made together. 

I do like that QVC seems to bring us coordinating things, across vendor lines. I will be the first to complain about the buyers and them not bringing enough of the style of things I want to see (I feel the buyers are 'too young' to understand a lot of what I want), but I have noticed for years that they seem to buy things from several different lines (Jim Shore, Valerie, Kringle Express, and others) that mix and match and coordinate well. I always give them credit for that (if only in my own head!! LOL)

And when it comes to Jim Shore, I love to watch, but I've never made a purchase. My problem has always been I'm very particular about colors. I see so many of his pieces that are beautiful and 'perfect' until I see one odd, out of place, just doesn't match color (to my eye, but what do I know, I'm not an artist) that just ruins the piece for me. 

I've started to notice his woodland line and now this black and gold line, and I really like them. I think my first Jim Shore purchase is coming, I'll know it when I see it, and it will most likely be from one of those two lines. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
Good to “see” you! Thanks! I was really pleased how the items go together and that they will also work with some items I already have. I can see myself adding some more black & gold JS pieces down the road.

I can understand what you are saying about the colors. I actually like many of his colorful pieces but don’t see them working in my home as much as the black & gold and woodland collections. There are exceptions of course. I have a few white woodland pieces too and really like them.

I think over time I have learned to appreciate the contrasting colors. It all depends. I am very particular so there are some pieces I’m drawn to, and others not so much.

Whenever you decide to make your first JS purchase, please let us know what you get!
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom Put the angel on your waitlist.  Oftentimes, items will come back into stock.  Other times you never see it again, but by putting it on your waitlist, you can get a notification if the item does come back in stock.

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003

Ok. Thank you!
Just joined zulily because of the angel, so still learning.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom 

Love all your black/gold items, the trees and Jim Shore figurines go so well together... very pretty!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt
Thanks! 😊
Frequent Contributor

@crazycockermom oh man is that cute.  I got the black and white and the snowman.  Now I am thinking I need to return it and get the gold and the JS snowman instead.  I have a Santa that is in the same pattern that is kind of goldish and he has the happiest face and it would be so cute together.