Respected Contributor

Re: Some days just ain't worth the effort!

@Mominohio I hope tomorrow is better.  I probably would have given up on the day halfway through and changed my plans to do something relaxing instead of things on my list.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Got up early to head to Aldi's for last minute holiday groceries. Got there 12 minutes after they opened. They were out of milk, out of cream cheese, out of all frozen vegetables, and more. I complained to the cashier and she was snotty and said it wasn't her fault. 

I got home did dishes and broke a glass.

Had an oven full of bacon cooking and got side tracked with the telephone, on hold for 45 minuets then discussing something with a business, and burned probably $15 worth of bacon. Had to start over.

Lens fell out of my glasses in the afternoon, and had to hunt the tiny screw...without glasses.

Was moving some decor, and dropped something, right on top of a pretty tea pot my mom gave me years ago...broke it. By this time I was so numb from the dumb stuff going on, I couldn't even be sad about it! lol

Knew better, with the way the day was going, but needed to get my pumpkin roll made. It cracked, and that was after I spilled the batter, all over my shoe.

Went to take the trash out tonight, and the bag split...what's one more mess to clean up today anyway?!

I know, nothing today that can't be dealt with, and shouldn't complain considering the state of the world today, but I'm thinking I maybe shouldn't have even left the bed!

It is the season of thankfulness, so I'm thankful this day is over, and that tomorrow is another chance for things to go better!

@Mominohio  LOL!   I had a Thanksgiving day like this one year, could have been a sitcom, so upsetting at the time, but I laugh now.

First, the turkey pan overflowed and spilled out of the oven, down the cabinet it was in and onto the floor.

I removed the pumpkin pie from the oven and the pan buckled in the center and it hit the floor splashing all up onto the cabinets and floor, what a mess!

The electric beater died so I had to hand whip the cream, wish I had known then that there wouldn't be a pie for dessert, lol.  I grew new muscles in my arm doing that.

I was cooling a bottle of champagne in the freezer and when I removed it, it fell on the floor, the stopper flew off, and champagne flowed everywhere.

There were several more incidents,  I can't remember them now, but by the end of the day, I was exhausted from all of the cleaning up even before I got to the dishes, lol.

I hope the rest of the week goes well. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Why are there days like this?

Though I admit that I am feeling not alone and somewhat encouraged that we all seem to have them.

Don't we?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

lately I've been living by Scarlett O'Hara's words:

Tomorrow is another day!

I had one of those days too - nothing as disastrous WELL maybe ...

My spouse wanted to go to Sams (who in there right mind goes there today before a holiday HE does when we can go any day anytime - he needed salt for softener)...

He drives like a 100 year old man! Took 35 minutes to get there which is about 15 minutes.  Omg he asks me " is this Sams?" I said "the sign is as big as a billboard are you blind? Turn in!!!! It was a LEFT he started TURNING right into the other lane😳😳😳😳.  

god was looking over us because i cause I then realized when he turned into Sams he was in wrong lane (outgoing).  That's it , I droveome & I'll never ask I'm to one again!!!

And he thinks I'm to hyper -- nobody was coming!!!! Typical man answer😤😤😤😤😤

Youll have a better day tomorrow I pray!!!

@homedecor1  OMG, my stomach hurts from laughing so hard, LOL, LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Mominohio  I prepared a 5-paragraph answer to your dilemma, but decided it could be summed up in one sentence:  Each day when you arise, thank God for your blessings and see how much better your day goes.

Life is not meant to be perfect but the more I find myself thanking instead of complaining, the happier my life is.  Try it.  I think you will like it.  May God bless you and make tomorrow a much happier day for you.

I do that every morning, plus read a couple of scriptures and no matter what happens, I seem to have a good day..  I even Thank God when something not good happening.  It gets me through it. I double the blessing for the poster.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

I'd say to myself on these kind of days ...... Glad I didn't buy a lottery ticket!

(btw, anyways, I don't even buy lottery tickets, lol!)

Tomorrow will definitely be better for you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints, is it?! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Our Aldi employees are helpful, but with so many help wanted signs up, I think they are all working long hours.

Trusted Contributor

New Day~~ Happy hump Day Smiley Happy Thought u needed a laugh...

See the source image