Honored Contributor

Some days just ain't worth the effort!

Got up early to head to Aldi's for last minute holiday groceries. Got there 12 minutes after they opened. They were out of milk, out of cream cheese, out of all frozen vegetables, and more. I complained to the cashier and she was snotty and said it wasn't her fault. 

I got home did dishes and broke a glass.

Had an oven full of bacon cooking and got side tracked with the telephone, on hold for 45 minuets then discussing something with a business, and burned probably $15 worth of bacon. Had to start over.

Lens fell out of my glasses in the afternoon, and had to hunt the tiny screw...without glasses.

Was moving some decor, and dropped something, right on top of a pretty tea pot my mom gave me years ago...broke it. By this time I was so numb from the dumb stuff going on, I couldn't even be sad about it! lol

Knew better, with the way the day was going, but needed to get my pumpkin roll made. It cracked, and that was after I spilled the batter, all over my shoe.

Went to take the trash out tonight, and the bag split...what's one more mess to clean up today anyway?!

I know, nothing today that can't be dealt with, and shouldn't complain considering the state of the world today, but I'm thinking I maybe shouldn't have even left the bed!

It is the season of thankfulness, so I'm thankful this day is over, and that tomorrow is another chance for things to go better!

Honored Contributor

Re: Some days just ain't worth the effort!

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  I prepared a 5-paragraph answer to your dilemma, but decided it could be summed up in one sentence:  Each day when you arise, thank God for your blessings and see how much better your day goes.

Life is not meant to be perfect but the more I find myself thanking instead of complaining, the happier my life is.  Try it.  I think you will like it.  May God bless you and make tomorrow a much happier day for you.

Honored Contributor

Whew! That's what I call "A Terrible, No Good Very Bad Day"!

But after all that, you still have a sense of humor and the grace to be thankfulSmiley Happy I give you 10 stars!(out of 10!)

I hope tomorrow is a very good day!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

This is the reason why I try not to get out of bed early.  Woman LOL

There's an old saying, "Make plans...God laughs."

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Got up early to head to Aldi's for last minute holiday groceries. Got there 12 minutes after they opened. They were out of milk, out of cream cheese, out of all frozen vegetables, and more. I complained to the cashier and she was snotty and said it wasn't her fault. 

I got home did dishes and broke a glass.

Had an oven full of bacon cooking and got side tracked with the telephone, on hold for 45 minuets then discussing something with a business, and burned probably $15 worth of bacon. Had to start over.

Lens fell out of my glasses in the afternoon, and had to hunt the tiny screw...without glasses.

Was moving some decor, and dropped something, right on top of a pretty tea pot my mom gave me years ago...broke it. By this time I was so numb from the dumb stuff going on, I couldn't even be sad about it! lol

Knew better, with the way the day was going, but needed to get my pumpkin roll made. It cracked, and that was after I spilled the batter, all over my shoe.

Went to take the trash out tonight, and the bag split...what's one more mess to clean up today anyway?!

I know, nothing today that can't be dealt with, and shouldn't complain considering the state of the world today, but I'm thinking I maybe shouldn't have even left the bed!

It is the season of thankfulness, so I'm thankful this day is over, and that tomorrow is another chance for things to go better!

I have alot of those kind of days......they seem to go on

forever.... hope tomorrow is better for you!!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I sure can't top yours but I left the house, had the wrong sunglasses.  Went back in , reset the alarm and got in the car again, shut the garage door and buckled in.  OOPS!  I Forgot a package I was taking to the Post Office.  Got out, went back in, got package, reset alarm, got back in car, drove off and thought "Did I shut the garage door (3d time I'd opened it this morning).  Backed down the street and NOPE it was wide open.

It was one of those days (2 trips to the packed grocery store because I forgot something ON MY LIST!), etc. etc.

Take a deep breath and relax and I hope things tomorrow go a-ok all day for you!  But it happens to us all doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio,@Sooner,

Related image

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Mominohio  I sure can't top yours but I left the house, had the wrong sunglasses.  Went back in , reset the alarm and got in the car again, shut the garage door and buckled in.  OOPS!  I Forgot a package I was taking to the Post Office.  Got out, went back in, got package, reset alarm, got back in car, drove off and thought "Did I shut the garage door (3d time I'd opened it this morning).  Backed down the street and NOPE it was wide open.

It was one of those days (2 trips to the packed grocery store because I forgot something ON MY LIST!), etc. etc.

Take a deep breath and relax and I hope things tomorrow go a-ok all day for you!  But it happens to us all doesn't it?

@Sooner

Ha! You got enough of a work out to eat two Thanksgiving meals! 

I can't believe how many times I've done the same thing...three trips back into the house because I forgot something, then something else! LOL

I used to be so together!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lately I've been living by Scarlett O'Hara's words:

Tomorrow is another day!

I had one of those days too - nothing as disastrous WELL maybe ...

My spouse wanted to go to Sams (who in there right mind goes there today before a holiday HE does when we can go any day anytime - he needed salt for softener)...

He drives like a 100 year old man! Took 35 minutes to get there which is about 15 minutes.  Omg he asks me " is this Sams?" I said "the sign is as big as a billboard are you blind? Turn in!!!! It was a LEFT he started TURNING right into the other lane😳😳😳😳.  

god was looking over us because i cause I then realized when he turned into Sams he was in wrong lane (outgoing).  That's it , I drove home & I'll never ask I'm to one again!!!

And he thinks I'm to hyper -- nobody was coming!!!! Typical man answer😤😤😤😤😤

Youll have a better day tomorrow I pray!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1-

I'm laughing so much at your post!

But on the other hand, it does sound kind of scary-jeez!

I'm glad you drove home.

Everytime I think of this I"m gonna laugh🤣

My daughters and I call that kind of driver DWE (driving while elderly😳

I'm glad you got home safelySmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"