Super Contributor

Re: Some Peeks....Getting ready for the holidays

LOVE ... LOVE ... LOVE ... LOVE ... LOVE

Thank you for sharing @Regal Bee .  
I always look forward to your decorating posts!!

Happy Holidays!! 😊🎄

Trusted Contributor

Everything is so pretty!

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee   Beautiful!  What time should I arrive?  I'll be 🐝 bringing some desserts.  🤩

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Just lovely - I would love to pop in for a visit!

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee - Thank you for sharing pictures of your vignettes. I love to decorate so seeing your ideas inspires me to get a move on. Your home is beautiful. I would feel special to be a guest in the environment you have created.

Like you, I have a lot of decorations and when I take out the tubs and start creating, it is a mess! I can’t do one tree or tabletop at a time and take a beautiful picture. Unless the tubs are all behind me so can’t be seen! How do you store your little treasures? I don’t do the same thing each year so it’s a little from this tub and a little from that tub. You have decor for each season so curious how you store everything.
Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee  I'm just waiting for my invitation!  Your decorating is gorgeous! 

Valued Contributor

@Sakuya wrote:
@Regal Bee- Thank you for sharing pictures of your vignettes. I love to decorate so seeing your ideas inspires me to get a move on. Your home is beautiful. I would feel special to be a guest in the environment you have created.

Like you, I have a lot of decorations and when I take out the tubs and start creating, it is a mess! I can’t do one tree or tabletop at a time and take a beautiful picture. Unless the tubs are all behind me so can’t be seen! How do you store your little treasures? I don’t do the same thing each year so it’s a little from this tub and a little from that tub. You have decor for each season so curious how you store everything.

I would also like to know your method of storing. Sakuva and I are in the same situation about how to store properly to be able to pull things out and get to decorating in an orderly fashion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sakuya   @nomar   Thank you, ladies!

Yes, I am a seasonal decorator and have tons of decorative items collected over many years. We have a huge attic space in our home......you can walk upright in our attic without bending over. I am also blessed to have my own studio which provides me with a lot of storage space. Still......with all this, I have to be very organized and run out of space on a regular basis. I don't purchase anything anymore that I don't love.

I use bins and I keep a small book to record my decor from one season to another. I rarely do the same thing year after year so I need the book and pictures to help me remember and be creative. 

I try and use one room as command central to help me stay sane. I am extremely neat and hate disorder....it actually makes me ill. Working from one room really helps and then when the decorating is completed.....I clean and order that space. I will add that from time to time, I forget this rule and tend to scatter my bins and decor....then my creativity takes a severe downfall. As soon as I order myself....I am ready to go again. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps. Happy Holidays, ladies! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Sakuya   @nomar   Thank you, ladies!

Yes, I am a seasonal decorator and have tons of decorative items collected over many years. We have a huge attic space in our home......you can walk upright in our attic without bending over. I am also blessed to have my own studio which provides me with a lot of storage space. Still......with all this, I have to be very organized and run out of space on a regular basis. I don't purchase anything anymore that I don't love.

I use bins and I keep a small book to record my decor from one season to another. I rarely do the same thing year after year so I need the book and pictures to help me remember and be creative. 

I try and use one room as command central to help me stay sane. I am extremely neat and hate disorder....it actually makes me ill. Working from one room really helps and then when the decorating is completed.....I clean and order that space. I will add that from time to time, I forget this rule and tend to scatter my bins and decor....then my creativity takes a severe downfall. As soon as I order myself....I am ready to go again. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps. Happy Holidays, ladies! Smiley Happy

I forget to use my phone camera for so many things. I will try taking pictures of my bins and what is in them along with my finished decorated spaces. Perhaps that will help me stay organized. I always forget what was in what bin and then when time to pack it back up I cannot get things to go in correctly. Therefore it is different every year. My mind gets boggled when I am disorganized also. Thanks for your ideas.

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee - Ahh okay. Bring everything to one room and work out if it. I do write everything that is in a tub on an index card and put the card facing out so I can read it. But I have a LOT of tubs. You have an attic you can stand upright in? That sounds fabulous! I have an attic but not really usable. For some reason I like the idea of a walkable attic vs a basement. Thank you for sharing!