Honored Contributor

Re: So who cancelled a lot this morning?

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

8" Box Style Wreath Frame

@MTH@Mominohio  The wreath forms look like this.  They come in different sizes and very inexpensive.  I think this 8" is $2 at HL.

@lucymo  I have to head over towards my HL tomorrow and I'm gonna run in and see what they have. I'm sure they have them out for anyone making Fall wreaths by now.  It'll be a matter of finding ornaments I like.  You've got me very excited about trying this.  

@MTH  They always have them as people do crafts all year.  You can practice on some ornaments you already have when you get the forms.  Lord have mercy, by Christmas you'll have wreaths, trees and candle rings.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

8" Box Style Wreath Frame

@MTH@Mominohio  The wreath forms look like this.  They come in different sizes and very inexpensive.  I think this 8" is $2 at HL.

@lucymo  I have to head over towards my HL tomorrow and I'm gonna run in and see what they have. I'm sure they have them out for anyone making Fall wreaths by now.  It'll be a matter of finding ornaments I like.  You've got me very excited about trying this.  

@MTH  They always have them as people do crafts all year.  You can practice on some ornaments you already have when you get the forms.  Lord have mercy, by Christmas you'll have wreaths, trees and candle rings.  LOL

@lucymo LOL...Don't wanna get too crazy but I'm gonna try!!

Super Contributor

Nothing. Once I decide to order something, it is a done deal. I don't think I've ever cancelled an order. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MTH If opening and closing those wire hangers is too much just get you some thin wire and cut workable lengths.  Run the wire through the wire hanger and wrap around the form wire then through the next ornament until all the way around.  Shape ornaments how you want them to look as you go.  Once all is finished the ornaments will be fitted in and won't move around.  I think the wire might be the easiest way as a lot of the shatterproof ornaments don't have the wire hanger, just a plastic one.

I've been playing with this wreath I have to see how this works.

Trusted Contributor

I'm considering cancelling a couple things from yesterday.  I ordered the set of two gingerbread people and the set of three peppermint trees both from Valerie and am really racking my brain trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my vintage displays ~ don't think they'll go well with vintage.  They both are very cute, but I swore I wouldn't rack up more charges and there I go, getting all caught up in the hoopla!  Not sure what I'll do but I'm glad to see others are having the same thoughts I am!  :-)

Honored Contributor

The Irish nativity I ordered has already shipped. I'm pleased with that. 

I ordered 4 sets of the caramels. I'm looking forward to getting those in December.  

I DID cancel one of the sets of popcorn I'd ordered. I still have another, different, set on advance order and I want to think about it for a few days. I ordered so heavily on the caramels and don't know that I need the popcorn. These are all for gifts. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I didn't get much, I was being good.  I canceled the "words to live by" candles  I got them as little gifts but I can find other things to fill that bill.  In stead I got the " Glitzy Birds"  I never thought I'd see  the day I'd think there was too much light on a Christmas Tree but I got a tree with LED lights and the lights are so bright they drown out all the ornaments.  So, I got the Glitzy birds in white. Hope they're big enough and glitzy enough to hold their own on the tree.  Have to say though, If I had a more cozy rustic decor for my tree, I would have snapped up those Gingerbread Ornaments in a second!    

Honored Contributor

@candys mine  I have the Birds from last year that are very much like the ones you ordered.  I don't know that they will tone down the lights but they are

@candys mine wrote:

I didn't get much, I was being good.  I canceled the "words to live by" candles  I got them as little gifts but I can find other things to fill that bill.  In stead I got the " Glitzy Birds"  I never thought I'd see  the day I'd think there was too much light on a Christmas Tree but I got a tree with LED lights and the lights are so bright they drown out all the ornaments.  So, I got the Glitzy birds in white. Hope they're big enough and glitzy enough to hold their own on the tree.  Have to say though, If I had a more cozy rustic decor for my tree, I would have snapped up those Gingerbread Ornaments in a second!    

@candys mine  I have the Birds from last year that are very much like the ones you ordered.  I don't know that they will tone down the lights on the tree but they are beautiful so I think you'll be happy with them.  I have the gold and the white.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@candys mine  I bought the white birds the same or similar to the birds shown in CIJ for my white flocked tree with white lights, and the birds are a good size and do show up.  The decor on the tree is white and red. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@Julie928 I too bought the gingerbread boy and girl from Valerie. I wasn't sure if they would fit well with my classic/vintage Christmas decor theme. I didn't order my first gingerbread anything until last year. I wasn't sure if Valerie's houses would mix well but I think since they are gingerbread they are almost neutral and blend in fine. I wasn't sure about the gingerbread couple because their design has a more overall modern look but I think they will pass. The description says boy and girl but they both look like they are wearing skirts lol. I will definitely find out. One of my rules about the vintage Christmas decor and whether anything else will mix well is that if the color green is on the lime side its a definite no.