Honored Contributor

Re: So, what do you think the odds are....

@Mominohio wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I know, @Mominohio.  We keep asking and hoping and crossing our fingers.  What do we do next, a petition?

(On the other hand, I sure hope Alberti is on board with this idea!)

@GingerPeach

I used to always qualify with 'if he is interested in doing it'. 

But heck, I'm to the point I don't care if he wants to or not. The man is NEEDED! His people are begging! LOL

QVC really is in dire need of the elegant holiday decor line that Lisa Robertson was doing. And in my opinion Alberti is the only host that would do it justice.

LOL, @Mominohio

We know what's best for him!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I know, @Mominohio.  We keep asking and hoping and crossing our fingers.  What do we do next, a petition?

@GingerPeach

But heck, I'm to the point I don't care if he wants to or not. The man is NEEDED! His people are begging! LOL

QVC really is in dire need of the elegant holiday decor line that Lisa Robertson was doing. And in my opinion Alberti is the only host that would do it justice.

@Mominohio Based on many comments on the boards that those of us who still decorate, cook, set a holiday table are outnumbered by those who in their words "don't bother".

I think the customer base for those shows is dwindling.

Oh @Snowpuppy I so hope you are wrong about that!

You are right, so many on Home and Holiday do aspire to doing much less for holiday and home, relative to their past, but I'm hoping it is just the aging process. Some are aging out of the work, but others, younger (maybe not in their 20's, but more the 30 somethings that are in full young family mode) are just coming into it all. 

At any rate, I hope the number of holiday decor shows stays strong. I won't know what to do with myself in July! LOL

Honored Contributor

The first time I ever saw him "working" was last night on the Bob Mackie show.  

He's probably the best male host on QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach

@Mominohio Based on many comments on the boards that those of us who still decorate, cook, set a holiday table are outnumbered by those who in their words "don't bother".

You are right, so many on Home and Holiday do aspire to doing much less for holiday and home, relative to their past, but I'm hoping it is just the aging process. Some are aging out of the work, but others, younger (maybe not in their 20's, but more the 30 somethings that are in full young family mode) are just coming into it all. 

At any rate, I hope the number of holiday decor shows stays strong. I won't know what to do with myself in July! LOL

@Snowpuppy and @Mominohio
I think maybe more would shop if they were more inspired by a different quality or more (dare I say the word) "upscale" style of holiday decor.  Alberti is the only one who can bridge the everyday with the elegant as far as I can tell.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach

@Snowpuppy and @Mominohio
I think maybe more would shop if they were more inspired by a different quality or more (dare I say the word) "upscale" style of holiday decor.  Alberti is the only one who can bridge the everyday with the elegant as far as I can tell.

@GingerPeach

I agree. LR's shows were so popular, with lots of sell outs. It was like there was a portion of the QVC audience starving for that upscale elegant look, and when Q hit on it, it was wildly popular. 

Some have said in the past that there might be hosts/vendors to not be challenged/offended/competed with. 

I would hope that isn't the case, and that there is room for everyone and all kinds of styles. I never cared for Ellen's line, but loved that she was here. Any additions to the home decor/holiday decor field are welcome in my book. Less clothing/shoes/beauty, more home items/shows would please me.

Have to wonder if Casa Zeta-Jones will be bringing holiday/winter home decor items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, @Mominohio

I often find myself purchasing something for my home as opposed to filling my closet.   Well, maybe that's not completely accurate.  Let's just say 50%.  (Having room or not seems not to matter!)  I guess we all like something new from time to time.

Honored Contributor

I think Vegas has it at 3 to 1.

Regular Contributor

@Mominohio

Absoutely agree with you....he definately needs his own Christmas decor show. His home decor at Christmas is so elegantly beautiful. Here's hoping someone at QVC listens!

Respected Contributor

I do hope they allow him to do some decorating shows.

The Valerie shows just do not inspire me much anymore. I am also so looking forward to the Catherine Zeta-Jones shows.

Honored Contributor

I think the issue is that Alberti doesn't use all QVC products in his home.