Valued Contributor

Re: So, speaking of gifts.....

I will tell you what I think is the perfect gift for anyone and that is a fruit basket. Everyone likes fruit. Young or old  everone would like that. Man or woman.

Trusted Contributor

Well, not knowing what the dollar limit is.....

How about one of those foldable storage cubes like Valerie offers?  I can't think of any age group that wouldn't use the cube for something.  You could then put a variety of snacks inside or a big tin of pop corn.  Or put in a nice sampling of jellies, jams, some fancy condiment spreaders with fancy handles, some teas or cocoa mix and some english muffins. 

How about one of those trunk organizer things with a car wash gift card or gas card? 

How about one of those personal water bottles that has the fruit infuser insert?

Honored Contributor

@morning glory wrote:

I will tell you what I think is the perfect gift for anyone and that is a fruit basket. Everyone likes fruit. Young or old  everone would like that. Man or woman.

@morning glory

When I was a kid in the 60's and 70's the fruit basket was the gift for all occasions, all year. It was used as a hostess gift when going to someone's home to stay or visit, it was sent after a death in the family, it was taken to a holiday dinner, or sent to the hospital or home as someone was recuperating. 

In our circle, it was much appreciated, because fruit was considered expensive, and we often saw more of the canned variety in our homes on a daily basis, than anything fresh.

I never hear of anyone giving or getting a fruit basket anymore. Thanks for bringing back those memories. And I think it would be a nice gift now, too.

Trusted Contributor

@morning glory wrote:

@morning glory, you just made me think of that one episode on Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray gives his parents a Fruit of the Month gift.  Marie was complaing about it and tells Ray "There's too much fruit in this house!".  It was hysterical!  LOL

(BTW, I wouldn't mind the fruit!)

Trusted Contributor

I'm allergic to most raw tree fruits, so although I'd be grateful that someone thought of me, I would not be able to enjoy a fruit basket.  I don't think any kind of food would fit into the limitations of this thread, because everyone these days is allergic or intolerant to something.  

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@morning glory wrote:

@morning glory, you just made me think of that one episode on Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray gives his parents a Fruit of the Month gift.  Marie was complaing about it and tells Ray "There's too much fruit in this house!".  It was hysterical!  LOL

(BTW, I wouldn't mind the fruit!)

Truly one of the funniest shows ever made. The disfunction in that family is classic and something almost everyone can relate to!

Respected Contributor

Washcloth, hand and bath towel. 

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago when he was in grad school, a family member did all his Christmas shopping at Barnes and Noble. Chose a book with each person's interests in mind: cooking, sports, history, music, photography- the list is nearly endless. I thought it was brilliant! He even had everything gift wrapped for free! One stop shopping and in the budget.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

Years ago when he was in grad school, a family member did all his Christmas shopping at Barnes and Noble. Chose a book with each person's interests in mind: cooking, sports, history, music, photography- the list is nearly endless. I thought it was brilliant! He even had everything gift wrapped for free! One stop shopping and in the budget.

I love giving and receiving books! 

Valued Contributor

Great thread and super ideas. I've written down several!