Honored Contributor

Re: So, speaking of gifts.....

@Pook wrote:

I would say an Amazon gift card since you can find just about anything there.

I second that, Amazon truly has everything.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I'd have to ask why you'd be buying someone you don't know or used to know any gift at all.

When I  began reading this one I thought you were more talking about a universal gift between husband & wife.  I immediately thought of giving each other a wonderful memorable vacation.  You both sit down together, talk over the places you'd really enjoy going to to share with each other.

Like a gift exchange where you don't know who will get the gift, or when you need to buy for someone you hardly know (like your son's new girl friend, or your daughter's new in laws that will be coming to Christmas dinner etc.)

Occasional Contributor

I agree with Nightowlz on this one. When my mother died someone sent us a gift basket with all kinds of snack foods. Quite different than flowers.

Honored Contributor

I agree about no more throws.  I have more throws than I can ever use.  I agree about an Amazon gift card.

Trusted Contributor

Plush, oversized robe.

Honored Contributor

Reminder, gift cards are out. You have to choose a 'thing' or a 'service'.

Trusted Contributor

Poo-pourri, Flashlight (regular or keychain style), wall calendar, good quality socks, fabric grocery store bags.  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kookielady wrote:

I totally agree with mominohio-the throw is what first came to mind.

My mom got so sick of people giving her throws.  She said when you are old that's all they get you. So she gave a bunch to me and I already had my own. . . so I'd disagree with that one!!!  LOL!!!  We laughed about her being "throwed" to death! Woman Happy

ITA!

Speaking of....my mom went through a 'throw period' about 30 years ago. When it was over, she ruefully said that she'd "blanketed the world with throws", and she almost did! Smiley LOL

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

I would buy a nice flashlight or cleaning kit for the car. 

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Poo-pourri, Flashlight (regular or keychain style), wall calendar, good quality socks, fabric grocery store bags.  

Ding, ding, ding! This is what I was looking for. Great ideas!