Esteemed Contributor

Re: So my VPH Holiday Lantern in Ivory arrived......

I didn't order anything from her line last year because of receiving things with defects.

This year I caved in for the 2 Gingerbread kids for my Kitchen and I was sorry....they aren't a gingerbread brown at all....they look dirty.

I'm done

Respected Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

VPH is losing a lot of money with defective items being returned and this is not a new defective problem issue, and that is what is most un-nerving.

Doesn't VPH care anymore about her QVC vendor's reputation, and the total lack of quality control for her QVC items in stock being purchased by QVC members, and being returned time and again for visible defects?.

I wonder if VPH even has a quality control division in place actually checking all items for defects before shipping them out.

I no longer purchase from many vendors for this reason.

Tired of being disappointed time and again, tying up my $ and then hassling to return the defective items and waiting a very long time for full refund credits, including not being charged for return shipping especially since the items were defective when received.

Even when you mark item defective in the return part of the invoice you need to include in the box with the defective item, many times QVC will ignore the words defective and still charge return shipping charges, and that is concidered fraud.

It is basic highly unacceptable fraud especially when you personally telephpnoe notify a QVC Rep and Supervisor and let them both know, and they promise to note your account for that specific defective item refund back to your original methood of payment, but you wait in vain and they still do not post the correct refund credit back to your original method of payment..

That is a basic illegal fraud tactic well known, and utterly against the law and should not continue to occur on QVC!

@GiantsLover   I think your terminology is a bit over the top -- fraud????  That is pretty harsh.  I honestly don't think whatever the shipping charge is will make or break QVC.

The word Fraud:  From the dictionary --

intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right

an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

How about maybe it is just human error?  Something of which we are all guilty.  I can't even imagine how many packages are coming and going from a distribution site. 

Instead of "waiting in vain" why don't you call them one more time?  The representative can then take it off since they have your item back in their possession and they have a record of your first call.

Frequent Contributor

I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING REGARDING VPH PRODUCTS.  WHAT DISAPPOINTED ME IS THAT I SAW SOME OF THE EXACT ITEMS AT LOWE'S.  THIS HAPPENED A FEW YEARS BACK.

Contributor

After reading the stories on here, do I feel lucky. I order a lot of things from Valerie, and I haven't had many issues. Now Barbara King...that is another story. I love some of her things, but the problems yikes! 

Sometimes, I am surprised that Valerie does let some things go though. On item H215145 the Anniversary Hurricane (there are two sizes) the reviews pretty much all say the same thing about the glass pieces coming off. If you watch the on-air presentation, you can see missing parts. How they can present with a straight face being able to see that up close, I have no idea.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I vowed not to order, but  I did order the lantern in bronze.  If it is defective in any way, it will be returned.  I also notice how the quality of Valerie's items has gone down so much and prices are up, of course.  She and her husband own the company so I would think she would be more particular about the quality.  Will not order any more.  I don't need much, but will look at Pier One and Michael's if I do want to add something.  I ordered some Luminara candles from QVC--took about 6 days for them to ship.  Hope they don't melt in the heat.

Regular Contributor

I'm starting to wonder if Valerie is just the face of her products. Wouldn't that be something?

There have been a couple times in presentaions that I have noticed she slipped up and didn't know something about one of her items and used the word they as in they said

How can so many people give her suggestions on her facebook page of what they would like to see in the future and what they would like to have brought back and about nothing asked for is put into development or brought back.

I thought Valerie was gonna bring it for this big anniversary and I thought for sure for the big CIJ weekend but I didn't buy much. I hope the next July visits will have something I need to have.

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

VPH is losing a lot of money with defective items being returned and this is not a new defective problem issue, and that is what is most un-nerving.

Doesn't VPH care anymore about her QVC vendor's reputation, and the total lack of quality control for her QVC items in stock being purchased by QVC members, and being returned time and again for visible defects?.

I wonder if VPH even has a quality control division in place actually checking all items for defects before shipping them out.

I no longer purchase from many vendors for this reason.

Tired of being disappointed time and again, tying up my $ and then hassling to return the defective items and waiting a very long time for full refund credits, including not being charged for return shipping especially since the items were defective when received.

Even when you mark item defective in the return part of the invoice you need to include in the box with the defective item, many times QVC will ignore the words defective and still charge return shipping charges, and that is concidered fraud.

It is basic highly unacceptable fraud especially when you personally telephpnoe notify a QVC Rep and Supervisor and let them both know, and they promise to note your account for that specific defective item refund back to your original methood of payment, but you wait in vain and they still do not post the correct refund credit back to your original method of payment..

That is a basic illegal fraud tactic well known, and utterly against the law and should not continue to occur on QVC!

@GiantsLover   When this happens to me, I call customer service and receive an immediate refund for the mailing cost since the item was defective.

Respected Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if Valerie is just the face of her products. Wouldn't that be something?

There have been a couple times in presentaions that I have noticed she slipped up and didn't know something about one of her items and used the word they as in they said

How can so many people give her suggestions on her facebook page of what they would like to see in the future and what they would like to have brought back and about nothing asked for is put into development or brought back.

I thought Valerie was gonna bring it for this big anniversary and I thought for sure for the big CIJ weekend but I didn't buy much. I hope the next July visits will have something I need to have.

@Winter Holiday   I never did think all VPH's items were specially made for her.  I always figured she went to wherever people go to order things to buy wholesale and then distribute.  There is a place called Alibaba that sells and distributes almost everything imaginable; however, you usually need to purchase 1,000 or more.  I thought they might be one of her sources.

She seems to have a different source than a lot of the other stores or catalogs, but I have seen a few of the exact same things when I have been out and about.

I could be wrong --

Contributor

My mom and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. I said she probably walks up and down the aisles at a Chinese showroom and says I want this, this and this. 

Her cards that she encloses (which I hate= more garbage for the landfills) are the same ones Barbara King uses in her products. 

I have been to Gift Marts where businesses go showroom to showroom and see the various wares. I know they have a huge one in Atlanta. She probably goes to something like that.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to me that decor items always seem to have some sort of defect....something small or something big. Regardless, missing a bit of paint or a hanging door the doesn't close should make the item not saleable. 

I think that when the manafuactors are making thousands of the decor product, there are always miss fires.   But I also think that someone within her company needs to be the 'quality controll' person and not let defective items go through.

I bought some cute, little Santa hats from VPH last year and two of the three had poor paint job. I did not send back, too much of a pain.  My bad!!