Honored Contributor

So my VPH Holiday Lantern in Ivory arrived......

and it's now packaged up to go back.

I've decided not to order any more of her items because I have sent back the past 7 (this makes 8) VPH orders; many containing multiple items.

The two things wrong with the lantern are major:

* one panel is soldered on upside down

* the lantern is set on the base at such an angle that it tips over to the side. 

How this passed quality control, I have no idea. Of course, the item is sold out. I'm tired of being repeatedly disappointed with her items. After the large mirror fiasco, I swore I wouldn't take another chance but this lantern was perfect for where it was going to go so I took the plunge.

Never again.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So my VPH Holiday Lantern in Ivory arrived......

@SahmIam  I really get your frustration. So many of Valerie's items are so tempting to me. I love her taste - especially in her more traditional items like lanterns. But, I always buy with trepidation. I had to send the snow globe lantern back a few weeks ago. And, the design I wanted was sold out too. But, I don't think I'm going to try again for that item.

Honored Contributor

Ditto with disappointment, @SahmIam and @PA Mom-mom.   I was excited about Valerie's set of 2 Chubby Birds, only to receive one with a chipped beak.  At first I thought I'd try to make do, but it finally made more sense to return them.  This has happened too often recently...

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  @Oznell  I think a large part of the frustration is the items look so good on air and I can see them/it fitting exactly in my home. Shopping out and about is rare for me now, so seeing something I was looking for (and a great price) was a WOO HOO! And then the anticipation of waiting for it and then it arrives and.....it's a hot mess.

Funny thing, I haven't ordered THAT much. The past orders have been over a period of 18 months and each time I go "should I take a chance? What are the odds it'll be defective? Na, not this time"...and it is!

Ah well. Hopefully Luminara will have something nice for the Holiday in Ivory; haven't had an issue with them (knocks on wood).

Contributor

I agree the quality is not there anymore. I also sent back most of what I ordered in CIJ.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

and it's now packaged up to go back.

I've decided not to order any more of her items because I have sent back the past 7 (this makes 8) VPH orders; many containing multiple items.

The two things wrong with the lantern are major:

* one panel is soldered on upside down

* the lantern is set on the base at such an angle that it tips over to the side. 

How this passed quality control, I have no idea. Of course, the item is sold out. I'm tired of being repeatedly disappointed with her items. After the large mirror fiasco, I swore I wouldn't take another chance but this lantern was perfect for where it was going to go so I took the plunge.

Never again.  Smiley Sad

@SahmIam  There is no QC in China. I learned years ago that when I buy a decor from VPH and other vendors who sell 'made in China' items, that  it's a gamble ordering.

Sadly, the prices keep going up (tarriffs aren't helping) and the quality keep tanking. I have been very fortunate with 'as is', but won't try ordering just anything 'as is' either.

Sorry to hear of your purchases leaving much to be desired Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I’ve stopped ordering also. I’ve noticed that when I am attracted to an item during presentations, If I ask myself if I would still like the them all by itself without the setting it’s being shown in, the answer is usually no.

Valued Contributor

If there’s something I have my heart set on, and I suspect it might sell out, I always order 2 of the item. Most of the time 1 of the 2 is defective, so I don’t lose out on return shipping. When both items are intact, I either gift one of them or send one of them back and just eat the shipping costs. Yes, it costs more to do this, but if you’re determined to get something that works, this will increase your odds. 

Respected Contributor

There was a time when I ordered holiday products from QVC. I no longer do. They are not the company they used to be. Quality is just not there. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaryLamb wrote:

If there’s something I have my heart set on, and I suspect it might sell out, I always order 2 of the item. Most of the time 1 of the 2 is defective, so I don’t lose out on return shipping. When both items are intact, I either gift one of them or send one of them back and just eat the shipping costs. Yes, it costs more to do this, but if you’re determined to get something that works, this will increase your odds. 

@MaryLamb  I have done that more than once myself in the past. How ridiculous is it that we should even have to do, but sometimes is the only way we can guarantee ourselves a good item.