Honored Contributor

So many boxes of Christmas decor

I decided today to go ahead and start pulling things out from under the stairs to get a handle on what all I have and if I need to pick up anything to finish off my vignettes for the holidays. I left everything specifically for the tree there and only got out the other things, that's quite a pile, good grief.  

Lol, this is going to be fun. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: So many boxes of Christmas decor

@Snicks1 wrote:

I decided today to go ahead and start pulling things out from under the stairs to get a handle on what all I have and if I need to pick up anything to finish off my vignettes for the holidays. I left everything specifically for the tree there and only got out the other things, that's quite a pile, good grief.  

@Snicks1  I've already made one trip to Goodwill and dropped off decor. There will be at least one more trip. Last year I was so sure of myself...only saved pieces I loved and would use more than just once or twice. I honestly believed at the time nothing new could possibly top the pieces I already have...

Well, that thought flew out the window fast. I could not have been more wrong...

I cannot believe all the new pieces I got this year...like the light show tree, the pomegranate/mixed greens swags and wreath, the 4' white BL tree back during CIJ, pineapple lamps, several 'as is', etc.

I REALLY believed I had a handle on my aquiring more new decor...

What can I say?    0-emoticon.gif

Please update us on how you made out selecting/organizing/choosing Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 & @Susan Louise, I get to start my fun starting 11/12 as I am on vacation for the next 9 days, yay!!  I shudder to think when I start my transition to Christmas how many trips I should be making to charity, lol.  Stay tuned...!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Snicks1 & @Susan Louise, I get to start my fun starting 11/12 as I am on vacation for the next 9 days, yay!!  I shudder to think when I start my transition to Christmas how many trips I should be making to charity, lol.  Stay tuned...!  

@BornToShop  I think the key work here is should  as it's difficult to give up our decor. lol  We had such high hopes for it when we bought it and have already replaced it.  At least it removes us from the hoarders list and gives a good tax deduction.  So, there's always a good side too.

@Snicks1  I had to laugh at you, sorry.  JK You just  had to make one more try at curbing your buying by looking at what you already have. LOL  But,  this post also talks about donating so we can buy and bring in more.  Don't you love when you can come on here and find solutions to your decor problem.  I'm thinking of dragging out everything and see if that helps me.  I may do that later in the week when I can. Smiley Happy

Sometimes I wonder if the thrill of the hunt for new decor is worth more than using what we find.  I get something new and then I'm looking for something else soon after or at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

@BornToShop

@lucymo

You all know the struggle is real, lol.

Yes, I expect to have a need to donate some things, again this year. 

Picking and choosing new items to add in with the things we already own is fun, and there are worse things we could be using our $$ on, so as long as we can pay our CC's off, I think we are all doing good and having fun along the way. 

Oh, and btw, I blame you all, lol, just kidding.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Susan Louise

@BornToShop

@lucymo

Picking and choosing new items to add in with the things we already own is fun, and there are worse things we could be using our $$ on, so as long as we can pay our CC's off, I think we are all doing good and having fun along the way. 

@Snicks1  I agree!

And what we pass on to charity spreads the joy too Smiley Happy

I think it's time for a group hug...

grouphug.gif

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Snicks1  I've already made one trip to Goodwill and dropped off decor. There will be at least one more trip. Last year I was so sure of myself...only saved pieces I loved and would use more than just once or twice. I honestly believed at the time nothing new could possibly top the pieces I already have...

Well, that thought flew out the window fast. I could not have been more wrong...

I cannot believe all the new pieces I got this year...like the light show tree, the pomegranate/mixed greens swags and wreath, the 4' white BL tree back during CIJ, pineapple lamps, several 'as is', etc.

I REALLY believed I had a handle on my aquiring more new decor...

What can I say?    0-emoticon.gif

Please update us on how you made out selecting/organizing/choosing Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

That 'handle' is elusive to many of us. Kind of like it is always just out of reach.

I too think every year, I couldn't possibly find another thing that I would even remotely want. But then something happens in July and it all goes out the window.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Susan Louise

@BornToShop

@lucymo

@Snicks1  I agree!

And what we pass on to charity spreads the joy too Smiley Happy

I think it's time for a group hug...

grouphug.gif

@Susan Louise  Oh, thanks, I needed that hug.  I know it's only Halloween so I know we are going to need a lot more of these hugs before the Christmas decor buying is over.  Then there's the 'after sales', oh my.  Woman Frustrated

I hope you all have a great day.