Respected Contributor

Re: So excited - my great finds at Estate Sale🎄

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@homedecor1  You really did get a bargain! That tree is great and would have been a good buy at the original price. My son bought me one a few years back, and I know he paid more for it. Can you see an insignia of the maker? Is it Atlantic? Your tree has more lights than many. Maybe it's one of those made in a ladies' ceramic class back in the day. Also, I have a number of Longaberger baskets. They have held up for many decades!

My grnadmother made a ceramic tree in the mid-sixites that I display in my living room at Christmas time.  It is all white with multi-colored lights.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought an identical tree 15 years ago at Target after Christmas sale.  Of course, they were made decades earlier as well but I bet it's the same mold.  They are very nice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom 

The estate sale woman told me the info but you got me curious!  It was definitely made in ceramics & I just looked at the base it states "Georgia

1979"

2CD5B190-B8E3-4D3F-A648-8536F8EFBEBD.jpeg

so I guess she made as a gift for the lady who lived at the estate house (or she bought it) because her name was Debbie.

Thanks now I know the date and I bet she enjoyed this tree as I will🙂

I never bought many Longanberger extra $$$ when raising kids wasn't used to buy baskets😉 I think I have 3-5 small ones but my friends were avid collectors & I wish I could have afforded their pottery I loved it🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  It's great that you now know it was hand made. You can call it the "Georgia Christmas Tree." I love naming our things, do you?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Congratulations on your finds - you did very well!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

What great finds...enjoy your purchases.....love that tree!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   You would pay $200 plus on ebay for this size tree, I got one for $150 years ago with a musical stand, in perfect condition, so you really made out on the price.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

There was a estate sale in my community Th/Fri/Sat.  I went yesterday and spotted on the nightstand in the bedroom this beautiful 22" ceramic tree but no way would I spend $45.

I kept "thinking" about this tree all night & decided I'd go back -- well it was meant to be!  It was still there marked down to $15!

The estate lady told me it was circa 1968 (2 parts with lightbulb base) yet I don't really know.  It's definitely older & "hand painted" and will be perfect on the table🙂.  (They had a baggie of replacement bulbs too)

5AE50D39-3573-4A73-A312-51A077527408.jpeg

Years ago I bought a smaller one at a yard sale -- I'll be gifting that one to my niece🙂

and my next find Longaberger baskets!  I have many collected at lots of home parties over the years...a steal for $8!

B7E9247B-3BA1-4250-8AB1-5F04FA612FFE.jpeg

Amazing finds @homedecor1!

I like baskets.You inspire me to go estate sale browsing even tho I ususally come home w things I don't need,, bad influence lol!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

a lady from my card group heard I bought it.  She called me today to ask me if I'd consider selling it...nope!!!!

My niece is getting my smaller one I found years ago at yard sale and it's marked 1970.  

This one is a "keeper" I already lit it tonight & hate to put it away so pretty🙂🙂🙂

Honored Contributor

@AuberriJean 

I used to go every month to them in my community but I stopped because I knew those who had passed, it made me sad to see their things on display☹️.  I guess it made me think that someday that's what my kids will do😉

I went to this one because I knew the couple moved back home.  I think This tree was meant to be for me🙂🙂🙂