Honored Contributor

So excited - my great finds at Estate Sale🎄

[ Edited ]

There was a estate sale in my community Th/Fri/Sat.  I went yesterday and spotted on the nightstand in the bedroom this beautiful 22" ceramic tree but no way would I spend $45.

I kept "thinking" about this tree all night & decided I'd go back -- well it was meant to be!  It was still there marked down to $15!

The estate lady told me it was circa 1968 (2 parts with lightbulb base) yet I don't really know.  It's definitely older & "hand painted" and will be perfect on the table🙂.  (They had a baggie of replacement bulbs too)

5AE50D39-3573-4A73-A312-51A077527408.jpeg

Years ago I bought a smaller one at a yard sale -- I'll be gifting that one to my niece🙂

and my next find Longaberger baskets!  I have many collected at lots of home parties over the years...a steal for $8!

B7E9247B-3BA1-4250-8AB1-5F04FA612FFE.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So excited - my great finds at Estate Sale🎄

@homedecor1 , love the tree!  Good finds!  LM

Honored Contributor

You benefited from the downsizing!  Cute tree!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   I have a tree just like that.  My DH worked with an older woman and her husband  decades ago and they loved him.  The woman took cermanic classes and made him one as a gift.

I often use that in lieu of a real tree.  No fuss, no muss. 

Enjoy your finds.

Super Contributor

Wow  It was meant to be, super nice find, very nostalgic.  

Honored Contributor

I feel so sorry for all those women I know who jumped on the Longaberger band wagon years ago and bought all those expensive baskets with the idea that they would never lose value.LOL

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Congrats on your great scores! Enjoy them!

You definitely benefited from being unsure on the price of the tree!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

I LOVE estate sales ~ and the thrill of the hunt!  Never know what you may find.  I love vintage things and the history behind them.  Congrats on your finds.  Enjoy your treasures!!

Esteemed Contributor

Another fan of estate sales/ yard sales/ thrifty. Thrill of the hunt!

Love the tree, especially the star on top.

Longaberger baskets are seen everywhere around here for resale. Baskets, regardless of the quality, have not held their value, especially smaller, decorative ones.

I have a few in my home for functional reasons as well as decorative: hold the throw blankets, one for bills, another on the doorknob for doggy bags & flashlight, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  You really did get a bargain! That tree is great and would have been a good buy at the original price. My son bought me one a few years back, and I know he paid more for it. Can you see an insignia of the maker? Is it Atlantic? Your tree has more lights than many. Maybe it's one of those made in a ladies' ceramic class back in the day. Also, I have a number of Longaberger baskets. They have held up for many decades!