Respected Contributor

Re: So Many Batteries to Buy!

@Biftu wrote:

At the end of last year, I counted how many batteries I would need for this year for my decorations.  140!  While I like the convenience of battery operated decorations, this is ridiculous.  I do buy my batteries at the dollar store which helps, and they,  for the most part, last the season.  Are you getting tired of buying batteries for Christmas decorations?

And harvest decorations.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually buy batteries at Staples on Black Friday weekend. Woot has large lots of batteries for sale sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't be surprised if Valerie owned stock in battery manufacturers.

Trusted Contributor

I've tried most brands. I have found Energizer Max works best.  I buy them at HD.  I spend a lot of money on batteries.

Honored Contributor

I get my batteries at Costco.  Best deal in town!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter just gave me a sermon the other day about all the batteries that I use. She bought me a bunch of them and I told her I am going to need more. She said go back to the electric plug in decorations, they will be cheaper to use. She could be correct.

Trusted Contributor

@cater wrote:

My daughter just gave me a sermon the other day about all the batteries that I use. She bought me a bunch of them and i told her I am going to need more. She said go back to the electric plug in decorations, yjey will be cheaper to use. She could be correct.

She probably is correct.  We've gotten so spoiled with everything being on batteries and timers, that we've gotten sucked into this hole of never ending battery purchasing.  The freedom of being able to move any object to any spot in our home has completely reinvented the way we decorate, but it has also come with a major cost.  The problem is, how can we go back to limiting our decor options to placing things up against the wall, and the horror of the possibility that someone might see an electrical cord. I wish they could invent a longer lasting battery, or rechargeable items that held a longer charge, or better battery chargers.  Until then, I'll continue to search my home each night to make sure that something hasn't gone out, and make regular stops to HD to replenish my supply of those wicked little bars of magic juice that help make everything so pretty.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if Valerie owned stock in battery manufacturers.

@ValuSkr  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@cater wrote:

My daughter just gave me a sermon the other day about all the batteries that I use. She bought me a bunch of them and i told her I am going to need more. She said go back to the electric plug in decorations, yjey will be cheaper to use. She could be correct.

She probably is correct.  We've gotten so spoiled with everything being on batteries and timers, that we've gotten sucked into this hole of never ending battery purchasing.  The freedom of being able to move any object to any spot in our home has completely reinvented the way we decorate, but it has also come with a major cost.  The problem is, how can we go back to limiting our decor options to placing things up against the wall, and the horror of the possibility that someone might see an electrical cord. I wish they could invent a longer lasting battery, or rechargeable items that held a longer charge, or better battery chargers.  Until then, I'll continue to search my home each night to make sure that something hasn't gone out, and make regular stops to HD to replenish my supply of those wicked little bars of magic juice that help make everything so pretty.

Ha Ha Ha Ha! "wicked little bars of magic juice". So funny!

Honored Contributor

Batteries take 100 years to decompose in a dump.  

♥Surface of the Sun♥