Honored Contributor

Re: Sleighs Are My Holiday Weakness...

@CaryH wrote:

Snowmen are my weakness. Where I live we either get ALOT of snow or practially no snow so I keep them out all winter long to remind me of the days of my childhood when we always had snow. It wasn't a matter of hit or miss then it was always hit. LOL

I already have quite a few I start to put out around Thanksgiving but I am always on the lookout for more but if I get too many my son will probably "put his foot down" because I would have to start putting them in his bedroom because there's no room anywhere else. LOL

@CaryH  I have quite a collection of snowmen, including Jim Shore's.  The best snowman I ever saw was the snowman DD built when she was eight, her first one, it was gorgeous! Smiley Happy  She and DH made a top hat out of paper and cardboard, I think, and painted it black, and made a pipe, and we took a carrot and some charcoal to finish him, what a wonderful experience.  I love snow, but didn't grow up in it.

Super Contributor

That sleigh is so tempting though smh. Looks so much nicer than other sleighs that I have seen. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Like everyone else - I'd love this but find it to be too expensive, and then you would have to fill it with something - I'd probably use poinsettias because it is warm where I live but I can see I'd need at least 4 large ones - more expense.sigh. In my next life I'm going to be wealthy.

@151949  lol   The sleigh is quite pricey but if it's the only holiday decor you buy it wouldn't seem so much.  Maybe we'll win the lottery in time to get it for the holidays otherwise, it won't be coming to my house.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

Yes! I hope those bay leaf picks come back, too!  If I remember correctly, they brought back the cedar picks last year (which went pretty quickly), but we didn't see the bay leaf ones. I think a lot of people requested them, so hopefully we'll see them again. They are so substantial and high end. I used 2 sets of the silver in my white tree, and I could use 2 more.

Shoot, I wish there was a way I could have sent you the silver in both, somehow; I bought them and never used them. They all went to Goodwill.

@Nomore @RazorSharp, I ordered a couple of sets  of the Bay Leaf picks last year in gold but when they came they were the color QVC calls Bronze.  I've been trying to remember what company that I ordered them from but no luck so far.  I simply painted some of them with metallic paint and they kept the flat finish. 

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I don't know why they are calling this "new" unless it's because of the new colors.

I bought this sleight 2 years ago and it's beautiful.  It's sturdy, it's large and if I had room, I'd buy another.

I sit mine on my front porch, surrounded by some lit presents with a 3 ft tall lit Christmas tree sitting inside it, leaning from the seat over the back of the seat as though it's being delivered.

@Buck-i-Nana  I have seen several items called new and I've had them for awhile.  Maybe they just call them new because they added colors , like you said.  I guess the designers have run out of ideas.  I like the sleigh too but I'm trying to not buy much this year. But you planted that picture with the tree in it and it just keeps running through my head.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a large 'floor size' sleigh that I bought at (of all places!) Walmart about a dozen years ago. It is very heavy metal, a nice antique dark green with holly leaves on it. I fill it with a small tree and fabric packages each year, and mix in VPH lit pine cones in brown. In years past, I would fill it with some of my collection of vintage 'Night Before Christmas' books that my son and I would collect when he was little. 

I have a couple of other smaller sleighs I picked up in the last couple of years as part of vignettes for the living room, one gold based and the other is an off white/silver combo.

I like them because they feel appropriate to leave out long into January.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I don't know why they are calling this "new" unless it's because of the new colors.

I bought this sleight 2 years ago and it's beautiful.  It's sturdy, it's large and if I had room, I'd buy another.

I sit mine on my front porch, surrounded by some lit presents with a 3 ft tall lit Christmas tree sitting inside it, leaning from the seat over the back of the seat as though it's being delivered.

@Buck-i-Nana  I have seen several items called new and I've had them for awhile.  Maybe they just call them new because they added colors , like you said.  I guess the designers have run out of ideas.  I like the sleigh too but I'm trying to not buy much this year. But you planted that picture with the tree in it and it just keeps running through my head.  Smiley Happy

I went hunting sleighs here on the Q site, wondering what the prices were for small sleighs vs this large sleigh.  The small white lit porcelain sleigh is $25, compared to this large sleigh, I'd say $60 is a reasonable price.  JMHO.

In my search though, I found out why this is called "new"....because it is!  It's smaller than the sleigh I bought a couple of years ago.  They still offer my sleigh, but if folks think the $60 is too pricey, they definitely wouldn't pay the price for the larger one like mine - it's $99!!

Honored Contributor

Jill just mentioned in her Holiday Gift show tonight that last year's sleighs will be back this year.  Not sure if they'll be the same design or different.