Frequent Contributor

Slatkin Set of 4-wick Candles in Harvest question??

Hi:Woman Very Happy

I will be ordering the Slatkin "Harvest" set of candles today.  My question is about the Pumpkin Caramel Popcorn candle.  I love pumpkin and caramel but was wondering about the popcorn scent in the candle.  Does anyone have this candle and can you describe how it smells?

Thanks so much and have a beautiful day!!

Spoiler
Heart
Valued Contributor

Re: Slatkin Set of 4-wick Candles in Harvest question??

I hope you enjoy this set. It is a gorgeous jar presentation. However, I had to send mine back last fall when he sold them. My popcorn one smelled like burnt microwave popcorn, but that could have been the LOT # or just me. I jumped on the offer again this year with this collection in the Christmas set which I also sent back last year. They all got sent back due to the wicks not burning. I got tired of soaking up all of the melted candle with cotton balls in order to keep the wicks burning. Too much money to cotton ball. If anyone has a secret to keeping his candles going I would love to know it as they are beautiful and do smell good. I did cancel my order recently as I was reminded why I sent them back last year. I lit one of his other candles the other day and at 1/2 gone I could not keep it going. I am so sad to have had this experience with his products as I bought them for years when he was at BBW and he first came back to QVC.Poor wicks has ruined his name.

Super Contributor

Re: Slatkin Set of 4-wick Candles in Harvest question??

Mine smells like buttery kettle corn mixed with maple syrup. Maybe a little candy corn too. It's sweet. So, if sweet isn't your favorite, you may not like it.

I don't light my candles. They sit open, and I'll rub the top to release the fragrance again. Or I'll use a candle warmer that looks like a lantern with a halogen bulb that melts the top of the candle wax. It may smell different lit.