Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I purchased one of his candles years ago.  I was living in a 1700 sq. foot house at the time.  That candle was so strong you could smell it in every room - and that was unlit!  What a turn off that was.  And it gave me a headache because it was soooo strongly scented.  I threw it out and never bought scented candles again.  I only use Luminara Flameless candles.  They don't stink and they are beautiful without the mess.

I bought candles like that once - from Target, no less.  They were pillar candles.  I never burnt them but the smell was so strong, permeating every room of my condo.  I thought I'd have to bury them in the yard.  But I ended up wrapping them in paper and storing them on a shelf in the basement.  Some scent still escapes but that's okay - it's the basement after all.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

The man insists on contracting with the Vietnamese!!  Plenty of USA soy candles all over but he contracts with the Asians.

True, candles are one of few things still made in America.  It's a shame his aren't made here.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

The man insists on contracting with the Vietnamese!!  Plenty of USA soy candles all over but he contracts with the Asians.

------------

@Reever   You seem to bad mouth a certain culture a lot on here.  I sure hope you don't do it directly in person. 

Honored Contributor

Have six fall ones and six Christmas ones so I need to start burning them.

Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@Reever wrote:

------------

@Reever   You seem to bad mouth a certain culture a lot on here.  I sure hope you don't do it directly in person. 

Not culture bashing. I'm a proud American who wants to see local soy candlemakers succeed. Plenty of soy wax in America. Why contract with the Vietnamese ? At the prices he charges he doesn't have to cut corners.

Esteemed Contributor

I had one that was really strong that was a gift. I had to throw it out....

Respected Contributor

Re: Slatkin Candles

[ Edited ]

I bought four of his candles a few years ago but never could get all of the wicks on a candle to stay lit at the same time. Since that made them burn unevenly, I threw them away. No more for me. I prefer single wick candles...getting harder to find other than votives or Yankee jars.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I bought four of his candles a few years ago but never could get all of the wicks on a candle to stay lit at the same time. Since that made them burn unevenly, I threw them away. No more for me. I prefer single wick candles...getting harder to find other than votives or Yankee jars.

Cant stand the man, or his endless bragging about expensive vacations he takes supposedly in search of essential oils. What a crock.

Honored Contributor

Re: Slatkin Candles

[ Edited ]

I like the Slatkin candles--the scents I chose are perfect and not too strong.....

Too many candles like the Yankee Candle or Better Homes & Garden or other brands have no smell at all or the scent very quickly dissipates or gives off lots of soot ......And Bath & Body Works have problems with drowning wicks and uneven burning. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
Seriously?…. “the Asians”. You do know that sounds racist, right?