Respected Contributor

Slatkin 3-Wicks Just Arrived- Broken

My first set just now arrived- transferred from UPS to Post Office. The set of 2 are in a SMALL BOX. When I picked it up, I heard, "tinkle tinkle"- ruh-roh. I very carefully opened the top, & saw broken glass. That's as far as I got. The receipt must be at the bottom, but I'm not looking for it. I'm not dealing with small shards of glass. I was startled by the small size of the box- it's basically the size of the 2 candles. 

Gee, that was fun. Back they go tomorrow. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Re: Slatkin 3-Wicks Just Arrived- Broken

@spot555 - I'm sorry this happened to you.  Was this the limited edition set?  I ordered a set of two three wicks (they had a lot of options) and they came in soft foam in a box packed so tight I could hardly get them out of the foam.  Don't know what happened to yours.  I received the gingerbread and white houses today but I haven't opened them yet.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DecorDiva.  Smiley Happy

No, my Special Edition set hasn't shipped yet. It was the other set of 2. Yes, it was set in styrofoam pieces, but not much. I live on the west coast, so many UPS items arrive demolished. The packaging definitely isn't enough to survive the long, rocky trip of UPS. I ordered 3 other sets, so hopefully something arrives intact. 

Trusted Contributor

I went back and looked - you're right - the box isn't much bigger than the candles.  I live in VA, so I guess I'm lucky things don't have to make such an arduous trip to get to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine arrived in perfect condition.  They were in a very heavy box surrounded by styrofoam.  They were packed beautifully and tight in the box so if they were thrown the inside would not move. The outside of the box said fragile and this side up.

What was disgusting was the shipping department put the label on the bottom of the box so the shippers packed it like it was a rude joke.

I got 6 items today from Slatkin all were in perfect condition.

Sorry yours were broken.

Respected Contributor

My order of the 5 votives in the book tin came completely melted.  So much so that I had to pry the tin open with a knife.  The wax had melted into blended fragrances in one solid sheet inside.  Votives were empty.  A seal surrounded the edge of the tin.

Called c/s and got a refund.  Never again.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

pommom-  Smiley Happy

Boy, that's some severe melting- wow!

Respected Contributor

I sure hope my other scents arrive safely. I'm impressed by the size of the candles. 

Honored Contributor

Boy that puts a damper on my desire to order candles.  You'd think they could pack them better. The melting surprises me but I suppose it gets hot in those trucks.  Makes me worder about getting vitamins and prescriptions by mail.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Boy that puts a damper on my desire to order candles.  You'd think they could pack them better. The melting surprises me but I suppose it gets hot in those trucks.  Makes me worder about getting vitamins and prescriptions by mail.

@AuntG

Q CS is  starting to get as good as it use to be. The forum monitors are wonderful when you really can't get help.

Those large candles are beautiful, so are the cones and Christmas trees and the voltives.

eta 

I have always thought mailed prescriptions were just crazy.