Respected Contributor

Re: Slatkin 3-Wicks Just Arrived- Broken

@pommom

What a story, so sorry to hear this. I have not yet received my three wick.....holding my breath.

Respected Contributor

Forgot to mention that the set I received was the Salted Caramel & Apple Crumb Cake. The box smelled REALLY good. Heart

Frequent Contributor

I received my first order yeaterday and both bases were broken and cracked. I sloced my finger on one. Decided to just keep them instead of messing with a return because they are glorious! I received 2 more boxes today and they were perfect. I am in love with these candles. 

Valued Contributor

Just a thought. 

If Everyone would reorder, even though it is a pain,  hopefully the businesses would demand that the packers and shippers be more responsible. ( It does seem the packers are a lot of the problems here.)

Punish the ones that are causing the problem. 

I personally have had no luck with the USPS problems.  It will take someone bigger than just an individual to make them fix their problems.

When everyone quits after the first order, the only losers are the buyers and the sellers.

IMHO.

Respected Contributor

With broken glass just call CS, they will issue a refund & tell you not to return the item. Probably worried about workers in Returns slicing fingers open too.

Respected Contributor

I'm on the west coast, too, but I didn't order the first 3-wicks, just the limited edition for fall.  Mine are in process.  It's cool this week, but it's supposed to get hot again next week.  🤞🏻that mine arrive unbroken and unmelted.  I'm sorry for those of you with broken items.  I got a non-Homeworx item this week from QVC that was broken inside the original box.  The outer box wasn't damaged so it had to be broken at the factory.

Super Contributor

Ok, I have received some of my candles and here are my thoughts. I ordered three sets of the fireside and balsam. All three arrived in good shape not broken. These have a strong and very good smell on cold sniff and I have burned both and love both. very good throw and burn. I got one set of Deck the halls and Trim the tree. I will not burn them yet but they arrived in good shape also and smell really good on cold sniff. I got one set of Harvest pumkin and leaves and have started burning both of them. My pumkin did arrived with some broken glass on the edge part that goes around the bottom, but it was not bad enough that I could not burn it. The white packing material was also in pieces inside the box so I am guessing that is why this one broke. Both of these smelled good but I did not think they had a good throw like the fireside and balsam did. They are not bad just not as strong as the other two. That being said if I could buy more of any of these three sets I would go for fireside and balsam. I placed another order for wishes and kisses, maple and vanillia and caramel and apple to see how these will be. The deck the halls is really nice but I dont need another one in that scent, I really like trim the tree and I would buy another of that one if it were separate, it really does smell like christmas. Hope this helps someone. I saw on you tube that caramel and apple set is really strong, so that is why I wanted one of those.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with @spot555.  Don't return the broken glass items.  It's dangerous for everyone handling them.

I have had 2 pieces arrive broken from QVC in the last few years -- One was Slatkin when he was orignally on QVC and the other was a Lenox Christmas item.  I called CS and they asked me NOT to return them.  It's the same policy with food.  If you don't like something or it arrives damaged in some way, they ask you not to return for safety and sanitary reasons.  I think it's a really great policy.

Sorry yours came broken, but I'm happy they smelled good!

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Boy that puts a damper on my desire to order candles.  You'd think they could pack them better. The melting surprises me but I suppose it gets hot in those trucks.  Makes me worder about getting vitamins and prescriptions by mail.

@AuntG  I have picked up boxes just delivered and they were hot, so I can believe wax would melt.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I called CS & they gave me credit- said don't return (they were very helpful, & polite- thanks QVC).

For those of you who are new to Harry, please don't let my broken items keep you from ordering. Take the chance- his candles are SUPERB. I can't wait to get my next order so I can actually light one. 

Like I said before, the size of the candles are huge- there will be plenty of burn time. And when I had his candles in the past, the wicks burned perfectly- even & no smoke. Then there's the throw of the scents....awwwww, I can't wait.Heart