Esteemed Contributor

Re: Slatkin 3-Wick Now As-Is

I don't know....seems too quick.....I wonder if there is a problem with them?

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I don't know....seems too quick.....I wonder if there is a problem with them?

@Nataliesgramma, There could be an issue with them, but the set I returned arrived at the return facility over a week ago, and I've since been refunded.  Lately, as-is items have been posted in record time after the same items appeared on air brand new. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ptagirl

@tsavorite,

Thanks for the warnings about fragrance oils. 

Can an oil sold for candle making purposes be safely added (just a drop or two) to a chunk of wax in an electric wax melter ceramic dish? 

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought any of the Slatkin candles and I think they are still too high dollar for 'as is'.  I've been using the warmer more and more lately so I'll use up my Yankee, BBW and others one scoop at a time.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Boy, I'm in a terrible spot. I purchased 6 sets of his 3 wick candles and probably 5 sets of his Scentworx diffusers and refills. Based on the presentations and Harry Slatkins reputation, it seemed like a no brainer. Well, after burning the candles and plugging in the diffusers, I am extremely disappointed in these products. I'm lucky if I can detect the fragrance standing right over the candle/diffuser.  Forget about fragrance in your home 24/7. Shipping costs were crazy and well .... sending them back, we shall see. 

I feel completely duped by the launch of these products.

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@ptagirl

@tsavorite,

Thanks for the warnings about fragrance oils. 

Can an oil sold for candle making purposes be safely added (just a drop or two) to a chunk of wax in an electric wax melter ceramic dish? 

I've done that before without any problems. I put the wax and oil in at the same time and let them melt together..should be ok for you, just keep an eye on it in case you get any smoke, but an electric warmer shouldn't be a problem....

The major problem with oils is, they all have a different flash point .....I treat them with respect...

Respected Contributor

@w84WEN I'm sorry you were disappointed in the Homeworx products.  The candles I ordered from the line have a very strong scent, but those were in the limited edition Harvest set.  I've ordered one set of the regular 3-wick when they were available as-is, so I'll be curious to see if I receive a candle that meets my expectations.  I didn't try the plug-ins as I always worry about the safety of those.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR It looks like Q has removed the listing completely.  I think I might order the winter fireside/frozen balsam combo.  You're right, though, these are still a little pricy when compared to the competitor's prices, but much less expensive than some of the really upscale candles that go for $200 or more each.

@Marsha2003

One thing to keep in mind is Slatkin candles are a bit larger than say BBW and there are no problems with drowning wicks and BBW are burning so quickly now, but Harry's dont, without BBW coupons they are priced about the same as BBW  @SHOPR said these could be demos or returns where customers just smelled them without lighting them and didnt like the scent and returned them.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt Good points!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Spurt Good points!

@Marsha2003

I was looking at them for a gift....boy they didnt take too much off the original price for being an "as is" item.  Those were the special edition and a lot people didnt like the scents compared to the regular 3 wick set he offered. ...On the special edition some didnt like the fig, some didnt like the bellini so I bet these were returns before even being lit.    But some of the scents dont have a strong throw...I have Sugar Plum burning and cant smell a thing...so it seems his scents are a bit hit or missed...

Another thing I like about Harrry's is the thick glass...I ordered Valerie's candles form Hannah one time and the glass was so thin and fragile .............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”