Honored Contributor

Re: Six Weeks Until It Begins

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

It doesn't begin in July at my house.  I am not a fan of Christmas at all.  All that nonsense for one day is not for me.

i do the bare minimum and pray for it to be over.  It's a holiday for merchants that has gotten out of hand.

Enjoy it if it is your thing.

@Carmie.  I look forward to it like I would the plague.

@MaryLamb.  I hope you understand that you're not required to fill all thst new space.

@Kachina624   LOL!  Oh, but we can't leave any space, nook, or cranny undecorated, lol.  It's still Spring, so I am not thinking about Christmas yet, and it may be that I have realized how much I have so will behave this year.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl.  I cant imagine you need more Christmas decorations.  Where to put them?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mousiegirl.  I cant imagine you need more Christmas decorations.  Where to put them?

@Kachina624   I don't need more, and you are right, I have run out of room.  I am hoping DD will relieve me of some, and I know she will when she is able.  My problem is trying to stay away from zulily, which is where I have bought most of my Christmas decor, lots from Valerie, but zulily has some beautiful items.  As my Mother would say at particular times, "  (my name), it's utterly ridiculous!" LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb, I first started buying home decor from QVC when I was getting ready to move into my current home almost 10 years ago.  Like you, I also doubled the space I previously had, but because it's a  relatively small old house with standard closets, unfortunately I gained no extra hiding/storage space. 

I wish you loads of fun shopping for just the right touches in your new space.  I thoroughly enjoyed that time. 

FWIW, Even though I used moderation when purchasing, I still really overdid it.  Hoping you have better judgement than I did.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I find that I am so looking forward to this Christmas in July. I purchase most of my Christmas decor during the month of July. The selection is best and I like getting the sale prices. 

Last year I decorated four trees and one with colored lights. I absolutely fell in love with the colored lights and want to purchase one of the Valerie Parr Hill trees with the colored lights. I already have two, with clear lights, and they are so lovely and well made.

I like to do something different each Christmas season and plan on purchasing several new things although I don't need a thing. Like others, I do wish for more elegant and upscale designs instead of the cutesy ones......but there is a place and time for both.

Just thinking about it makes me happy. I am a forward-thinker and I hope that never changes. It gives me peace.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to your great photos of your decorations and  your beautiful home!

Honored Contributor

We really don't do much in the way of decorating for Christmas anymore so I'm really not looking to add to that, with one exception.

I wonder if they'll have a new piece for the Connemara marble nativity.  I have the other pieces in the set and if they add another set of pieces, I'll definitely get that.

My only purchase last year was the light up mercury glass tree with color changing lights from VPH's line.  I was pleasantly surprised with it.  I loved it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

@MaryLamb I am counting down the days as well! 

I always look forward to Christmas in July. I live in the Deep South and am not a fan of the heat and humidity. Today alone the heat index hit 102! So being in the a/c and watching QVC all decorated for Christmas is how I make it through the summers here!

I don’t need anything really but that doesn’t mean I won’t purchase! 😜 

Christmas is my weak point! 

I hope you enjoy the shows as well and find some treasures! 

Super Contributor

Im sure that anything Jill created was all part of QVC, not her own  line.  This year I went through my Christmas cupboard and donated a lot of things.  I had so much I forgot some of it, but I know I’ll see new things  I cant live without!  As I’ll be in the UK for CIJ, I watch QVC UK , so get to see their range, which is different.  No VPH!  Last year they offered  some really pretty items!  We come back for Christmas though, with my purchases!  

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I enjoy CIJ because it showcases the majority of the special items that will be offered for the holidays and you typically get some great prices on them as well. Now that the Q keeps Christmas going from July through early January, CIJ allows us to "get in and get out" if we want to, taking advantage of sales on decor and celebratory pieces that we can tuck away before we're subjected to the endless (and often pointless) fall shows highlighting all the odds and ends in the warehouses that could possibly be considered "gifts."  Smiley Wink