Frequent Contributor

Re: Six Weeks Until It Begins

@MaryLamb I am looking forward to it but yet I am not.  It hasn't warmed up where I live and it still feels miserably like Fall and Winter.  Right now, I'm looking forward to some warm July weather!! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I see with Have Christmas lovers  and Christmas what is the big deal people here...

I love Christmas myself. I don’t think even really think about it until about September,

and definitely not in the middle of the summer. 

Except for my Christmas tree, that I got on sale in July a couple years ago from

Balsam Hill on their Christmas in July tree sale, great price. I waited for that sale to

come around that year, I was not about to pay their full price for it.

Ladies who do enjoy it and look forward to it every July, I am sure you will  find something to temp you... happy shopping! 🎄

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb  Yes! I'm really looking forward to CIJ! I agree with @Mominohio  and @Beauty Maven that I would like to see more classic items from Valerie. I know I don't need anything more, but I will try to convince my DD and DIL that they need some new things! Hahaha! 

Trusted Contributor

I love Christmas and look forward to Christmas in July.. I think I enjoy it more so because I can turn the air down and have my own little Christmas without all the stress of the real thing in dec. I work in retail and those last few weeks can be hectic. In a good way I guess, but stressful ..

I purchased too much last year between qvc and TJX , so this year it will really have to be something special for me to purchase anything. But I do enjoy watching. 

Right now I am enjoying the warmer weather. Its been in the high 70's and low 80's in my area.

It's nice to plant flowers, listen to the crickets chirp, watch the humming birds, smell the fresh cut grass, family cook outs and seeing the fireflies at night. Looking forward to going to the beach, the mountains, taking the boat to the lake  and hopefully camping a little for now.  Seems like the time flies by so quickly. 

I love all seasons, fall and Christmas being my favorite. 

So I'll be ready to watch the Christmas shows in July!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't decorated for Christmas in several years, but I like to watch the shows and am a Hallmark Channel Christmas program devotee.  But I do want to buy a flocked small tree this year to place in the loft at my house.  It will be so pretty to have it lit at night up there.  So bring on the CIJ shows.  I'm ready now!

Honored Contributor

I don't even understand that CIJ thing.  It always seemed odd to me even when I was a kid and all the department stores did it.  The only off season Christmas thing I liked was when my mom prepared a big Christmas Dinner with all the works in July.  That was fun.  Christmas is my favorite holiday so I'd rather wait for the real deal.  

Honored Contributor

Ugh....and then will come the endless gift shows....

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree-- QVC turned me into a "CIJ" believer.  If you think you might want Christmas items from Valerie Parr Hill, or anything QVC offers, it really is the best time to buy.  Its when they offer their lowest prices, free shipping and great easy-pay plans -- at least that's what they've done in the past.  And, even though you purchase in July, you can still return items through January 31 the next year.  (make sure you verify that for CIJ 2019)  The best part is, when you purchase early, you get your decorating done quickly and you can enjoy the Christmas season Smiley Surprised)

Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

I love CIJ! 

This year ---- it actually starts on June 30 since the TSV will be a holiday item from Valerie Parr Hill!  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Good to know @Caaareful Shopper  -- I'll be watching (and probably buying)!  I wonder if the TSV will be another kaleidoscope tree?