Valued Contributor

Re: Six Weeks Until It Begins

[ Edited ]

@MaryLamb, I’d love to see Alberti. I’ll be watching some of the shows, but I don’t need anything!  I just enjoy seeing the sets and some of the items. I love the holidays although I’m not in any hurry for them to get here. 

ETA, I, too, would like to see some made in the USA things. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey    I guess you mean Valerie’s tree that is slimline. 

I moved mine to the dining room corner rather than put it in a hot garage due to the light flocking. It can’t be seen there unless I look so it’s not noticeable. I absolutely love that tree and use her sugared fruit on it from Nov- Jan.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS,  but don’t need anything!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Mary Bailey    I guess you mean Valerie’s tree that is slimline. 

I moved mine to the dining room corner rather than put it in a hot garage due to the light flocking. It can’t be seen there unless I look so it’s not noticeable. I absolutely love that tree and use her sugared fruit on it from Nov- Jan.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS,  but don’t need anything!

Mine is actually Martha Stewart from Home Depot

it is noticeable.   i love coming in the backdoor and seeing it lit

or the glitter sparkling from the skylights!

Honored Contributor

The only holiday that I look forward to in July is the 4th.  I can't even begin to think about Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I am not in the market for anything, but will be watching.

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee-- I've enjoyed seeing pictures of your home, you do such a beautiful, inspiring job!! I recall how you decorated Valerie's slim tree for autumn.  So creative!!!  I wonder, do you decorate for 4th of July?  I'd love to see it.

Valued Contributor

@Mary Bailey-- I still have Valerie's lighted twig tree displayed on my entrance table, and her window candles stay up all year.  The timers just make them so easy to enjoy.  The window candles are STILL running on the same batteries from November.   

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@Regal Bee-- I've enjoyed seeing pictures of your home, you do such a beautiful, inspiring job!! I recall how you decorated Valerie's slim tree for autumn.  So creative!!!  I wonder, do you decorate for 4th of July?  I'd love to see it.

@Beauty Maven   Thank you....how kind.

I do decorate our back sun porch for July 4th....especially if we are entertaining. My husband loves red white and blue decorations and he has a boat load of things. 

I will probably decorate my fall tree again this year.

Happy thinking about the holidays. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love CIJ programming. 

Last year I bought virtually nothing. I did get a lantern or two, but hardly Christmas or holiday based. 

Still I will be tuning in and enjoying it. Just don't need another holiday item for my next three lives! LOL

I will miss Jill terribly during this year's holiday shows. 

As for what I'd like to see (even though I won't be buying), I like to see them do more high end primitives, and for Valerie to go back to her classic and traditional things with plaid, swans, and some more elegant winter themed stuff. 

Less cutesy whimsical stuff would please me, and more things like candles and lanterns that transcend the seasons. 

Valued Contributor

I agree my friend @Mominohio --  Less cute/more classic and throw-back.   I'd love to see a line of hoiday dishes from Valerie, perhaps a plaid design.  I'm always looking for heirloom quality dessert and tidbit dishes with matching coffee mugs that can be used year after year.  Would also like her to offer tablecloths, runners and napkins.  Again -- I'm looking for plaid, buffalo check or vintage designs.  I'm always disappointed with what I see in retail.  I loved Valerie's reversable tree collar, and I NEED one in black & white buffalo check!!