Valued Contributor

For the last several years, July 1 has been a kickoff day for Christmas in July! I moved into a new home in January which is twice as large as my old one, so I’m looking forward to shopping. I actually have an excuse this year with all this new space!

I think QVC plans these shows several months in advance, and I was wondering how involved Jill was with CIJ. If she had products lined up for “You’re Home With Jill” shows, what will happen to that merchandise? Will Valerie absorb whatever Jill had picked and/or designed, or perhaps Alberti? 

Is is there anything specific you’re hoping to see this year? My only wish is for variety. I like all kinds of styles from traditional and homey to more modern and fancy. I’m hoping for quality products made from glass, ceramic, and resin rather than plastic, acrylic and wax. I like items that can last. Also, made in the USA? Dare to dream!

Valued Contributor

Re: Six Weeks Until It Begins

I can't believe it, but I find my thoughts wandering toward Christmas too!  I'm looking forward to CIJ, and I'm hoping for more Bethlehem Lights flocked trees and garland, and more of their microlights.  I have so many pieces from Valerie, but will definately watch her shows.  I loved (and purchased) her lighted twig trees, and I need more of her picks and probably another wreath.  Last but not least, I always order 2 boxes of Valerie's fresh balsam greens during CIJ because of the free shipping. Oh, and one more thing -- I order Mrs. Prindables to be shipped the my nephew and his family at 29 Palms in California.

Actually, I hope Valerie offers a lighted Autumn wreath this year.  I'd also like another chance to get Martha Stewart's autumn pinecone candles, and if there's a Luminara TSV, I'll probably get that too.

Geez, so much for buying fewer things this season!!

Respected Contributor

SIX WEEKS!!! Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always look forward to Christmas in July...and then Fall will be arriving soon. Yay!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't begin in July at my house.  I am not a fan of Christmas at all.  All that nonsense for one day is not for me.

i do the bare minimum and pray for it to be over.  It's a holiday for merchants that has gotten out of hand.

Enjoy it if it is your thing.

Valued Contributor

Oh Carmie, me too.  I can’t wait for it to be,over, it’s so stressful and so much work.  

Respected Contributor

Oh I completely agree with the both of you ... I just hate it ....too much

work .. stress .. pressure ....

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It doesn't begin in July at my house.  I am not a fan of Christmas at all.  All that nonsense for one day is not for me.

i do the bare minimum and pray for it to be over.  It's a holiday for merchants that has gotten out of hand.

Enjoy it if it is your thing.

@Carmie.  I look forward to it like I would the plague.

@MaryLamb.  I hope you understand that you're not required to fill all thst new space.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My glitter pre-lit tree is still up in my dining room. 

It's on a timer and comes on & off day and night.

I love Christmas

(but I don't want to buy anything else LOL)

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb  I'm looking forward to it. I always enjoy decorating for the holidays.