Honored Contributor

Re: Since things are a bit slow here in the forum

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

For several years now, we celebrate Christmas with our children a week later, so they can do their own Christimas celebrations on "the day." This is the view I look forward to each year. The date isn't important, the moment I go to bed knowing everything is Christmas ready is so satisfying. Just as it was when they were little.

Christmas Eve.jpg

@PA Mom-mom

You have such a beautiful home. I'm in love with those big windows and can only imagine the beautiful light they let come in!

You hit a soft spot with the comment about 'the night before'. It was such a warm and content and grateful feeling to know everyone was tucked safely and warmly in their beds, as I puttered around and put the finishing touches on the gifts under the tree, the table for the next morning, and would just sit in the twinkle of the beautiful light of that special night, soaking up the atmosphere of the season. 

You are right, the actual day of gathering/celebrating isn't important, it's just getting everyone together in one place together. The anticipation of the holiday, the ritual of the preparations and traditions are more to me than the actual day, and were especially so during the time my son was young and home.

Your picture puts me right back there, on Christmas Eve!

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

For several years now, we celebrate Christmas with our children a week later, so they can do their own Christimas celebrations on "the day." This is the view I look forward to each year. The date isn't important, the moment I go to bed knowing everything is Christmas ready is so satisfying. Just as it was when they were little.

Christmas Eve.jpg

Love it! @PA Mom-mom i see you missed the "less is more" class also. A woman after my own heart.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy wrote:

My favorite things to create are tablescapes. I don't have last year's Christmas handy here are a couple of Thanksgiving from last year.

IMG_20171109_1013557_rewind.jpg

IMG_20171109_1015350_rewind.jpg

@froggy

Oh my! You have the most beautiful dining room furniture! Such elegant curves and beautiful wood! I love the tablescape too! The centerpiece is perfection!!

@Mominohio Thank you! I am very traditional.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio I've spent so many years wrapping presents until the wee small hours, and  then I always sat down at the end and took in the room and the presents. The Christmas music playing in the background (Pavoratti, etc.) just added to it. That last look cannot be beat!

Honored Contributor

@elruth

I love your Christmas photo.

What makes it blurry is this: it needs to be larger to start.

If I post a small photo here, ie:  it will be blurry when blown up to a viewable size:

02D6741D-6313-436A-BBFC-B8C2F3B21DB4.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@froggy I never heard of "less is more." Hahahaha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Christmas Eve.jpg

@PA Mom-mom

You have such a beautiful home. I'm in love with those big windows and can only imagine the beautiful light they let come in!

You hit a soft spot with the comment about 'the night before'. It was such a warm and content and grateful feeling to know everyone was tucked safely and warmly in their beds, as I puttered around and put the finishing touches on the gifts under the tree, the table for the next morning, and would just sit in the twinkle of the beautiful light of that special night, soaking up the atmosphere of the season. 

You are right, the actual day of gathering/celebrating isn't important, it's just getting everyone together in one place together. The anticipation of the holiday, the ritual of the preparations and traditions are more to me than the actual day, and were especially so during the time my son was young and home.

Your picture puts me right back there, on Christmas Eve!

@Mominohio  This reminds of Christmas Eves when DD was little, I just loved playing Santa Claus, taking her gifts from their hiding place and to the living room under the tree and all over, lol, just me, the tree, candles, ambiance, and presents, love that night of the year best.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 I love the candles and  all the lights. They are so comforting and homey! I can't get enough of light at night.

Trusted Contributor

Years past.IMG_0238.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Sorry just learning to add picturesIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0402.JPG