Respected Contributor

Re: Since things are a bit slow here in the forum

@Mominohio, no it wasn’t me but I bet we all could leave out our Christmas decor, She-Shack, She-Shed or Woman-Cave & would save us from putting it all up after Christmas, lol!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio Outbuildings up here are tremendously popular. I was considering one for the new property for storage.

Several Amish builders make them locally and they are loaded on a flatbed to be delivered to you. Stock plans or made to spec. Check your local codes. I can get up to 250 sq ft without a permit.  They even offer a form of EP thru a 3rd party.

I would worry about mice too much for decorating!

Honored Contributor

@michigangirl723 wrote:

Screenshot_20180714-132503_Instagram.jpg

@michigangirl723

I love what you have done with the table. Are those just a series of table runners? I love plaid! Those deer are the most unique things I've ever seen. You definitely have pieces of decor I've never seen before. Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

My favorite things to create are tablescapes. I don't have last year's Christmas handy here are a couple of Thanksgiving from last year.

IMG_20171109_1013557_rewind.jpg

IMG_20171109_1015350_rewind.jpg

@froggy

Oh my! You have the most beautiful dining room furniture! Such elegant curves and beautiful wood! I love the tablescape too! The centerpiece is perfection!!

Honored Contributor

@michigangirl723 wrote:

I drew these a few years ago (except the quote...I did that on the computer)Screenshot_20180714-133316_Instagram.jpg & put them up every year. I love the Grinch and that quoteHeart

@michigangirl723

Oh my gosh! I'm dumbfounded at your talent, not only in the ability to draw, but to come up with something like this. So original and so creative. I would never have come up with something this unique.

Where have you been all these Christmas in Julys? Your decor is so unique and special. I'm so glad you took the time to share with us.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Mominohio Outbuildings up here are tremendously popular. I was considering one for the new property for storage.

Several Amish builders make them locally and they are loaded on a flatbed to be delivered to you. Stock plans or made to spec. Check your local codes. I can get up to 250 sq ft without a permit.  They even offer a form of EP thru a 3rd party.

I would worry about mice too much for decorating!

Yes, mice and the excess heat and cold would stop me from having a she shed, unfortunately. We live in the country, so no codes in our particular area, I could do as I pleased. But to get it climate controlled and keep the critters at bay, would be like building a tiny separate house. 

Maybe when I win that big lottery?!!!! LOL

Valued Contributor

003_opt (1).jpg

I have to work on resizing and blurriness for sure!

Honored Contributor

@elruth wrote:

003_opt (1).jpg

I have to work on resizing and blurriness for sure!

@elruth

I haven't had a multi color lights tree in a very long time, and your picture makes me so nostalgic to have one again!. I have many of the Thomas Pacconi ornaments from here from many years ago, and they look so good with multi colored lights. 

Another reason I was considering the TSV today!

Esteemed Contributor

For several years now, we celebrate Christmas with our children a week later, so they can do their own Christimas celebrations on "the day." This is the view I look forward to each year. The date isn't important, the moment I go to bed knowing everything is Christmas ready is so satisfying. Just as it was when they were little.

Christmas Eve.jpg

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

For several years now, we celebrate Christmas with our children a week later, so they can do their own Christimas celebrations on "the day." This is the view I look forward to each year. The date isn't important, the moment I go to bed knowing everything is Christmas ready is so satisfying. Just as it was when they were little.

Christmas Eve.jpg

Your room is so inviting with all of the lights and candles...love it.