Honored Contributor

Re: Simply Stunning by Janine Graff Christmas Show!

Lisa Robertson never had a line.  She sold what QVC gave her to sell.  She was a very good host and the items the buyers brought in were lovely, most of the time.  Some, not so much, just like any line (I still remember those little fuzzy white owls that she used in every presentation). 

A huge difference between back then and now is that Lisa benefited from the excellent QVC staff designers to do the decorating.  They knew when to hold back and not use every single piece of decoration in every inch of surface.  That makes a world of difference.

Janine's items are huge, but she decorates as if they're small.  I think that can be very overwhelming to see it all at once.  

Esteemed Contributor

I liked Lisa's line especially, Maybe she didn't actually pick out each item but I do beileve she did say she had input . I still have many of those Christmas items and just love them and look forward to taking them out each year! Simply stunning has some items that are very nice and some are kind of large for my taste but do look beautiful when put all together . I did purchase her candlestick holders which I feel are beautiful , like that there are 3 .
Super Contributor

I love Janine's style ... her Simply Stunning pieces work perfectly into the decor in our home. And I think she is a lovely presenter.

I really enjoy the videos Janine does when she is presenting Luminara ... she did one for their Christmas in July TSV ... and again for the glitter set of 3 TSV,  where she snaps her fingers and it 'changes' her tablescape decor...giving different ideas on how to use various colors of Luminaras for each holiday. 

Super Contributor

@Witchy Woman  The memories of your decor and your parties sound fabulous!  And as an event planner ... and someone who owned a Victorian in a historic Chicago neighborhood... they warm my heart.💕

Thank you ... I love my nickname too... mostly because it reminds me of the people who gave me the moniker originally.

Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

I love Janine's style ... her Simply Stunning pieces work perfectly into the decor in our home. And I think she is a lovely presenter.

I really enjoy the videos Janine does when she is presenting Luminara ... she did one for their Christmas in July TSV ... and again for the glitter set of 3 TSV,  where she snaps her fingers and it 'changes' her tablescape decor...giving different ideas on how to use various colors of Luminaras for each holiday. 

@Zsazsa  I love Janine's videos, I think they are sensational!  They show the best of her design skills.  She is very warm, and very talented.

I only wish her tree decorating would take a slightly lighter touch, that' s just  my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't want to seem catty here, and I love Janine Graff, both on air, and on her facebook, as she is so accommodating and helpful.

I believe her line was brought to QVC in answer to those of us crying for what had been missing in holiday elegance since Lisa Robertson's line was gone with her leaving. 

I'm sorry to say, it just doesn't cut it. It's not, to me, nearly the same level of elegance Lisa was presenting. There is something over the top, bordering on tacky about it, at least what I'm seeing in this photo. 

I will try to watch though, and see what the rest looks like. 

@Mominohio 

ITA... I think that's what QVC was aiming for something to fill the gap of elegant decorating....but Lisa R's was more "sophisiticated" and not so much over the top and too much of the same thing...JMHO.

And then there was the opposite side of the decorating--I did enjoy her taped presentation when she did the Luminar TSV and showed different Holidays she decorated for.  The Halloween & Thanksgiving and Hanukkah decor sets were fine, but I found it a little on BLAH side for what she did for Christmas...just red/white candles and the ball Luminara candle on the plates...She needed more ummmphhh in that Christmas setting....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Your Christmas room is beautiful and nicely done!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @Spurt Heart

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  After I saw the photo of your exquisite holiday decor, I thought ... you are exactly what Janine needs! I love Janine's collection but you hit on something with your comment about her taking a 'lighter hand'. The 'next evolution' could allow Janine the opportunity to incorporate individual pieces from her line into a variety of decor styles in addition to her signature high style look... which, as I have said before, I personally love and is similar to my own style...but I am a visual person... I want to see it! Many of her individual items could work beautifully into a variety of styles ... and Janine has the talent to highlight how to do it! We don't need to purchase all of it ... that is, unless we want to ... but sometimes the addition of one or two new pieces provides just the refresh we desire!

For several years, my sister and I attended an annual holiday design workshop/open house at a Pottery Barn in our local mall ...the presenter was really outstanding. She started with these designed displays where all of the items were Pottery Barn. The presenter would show us all of those items available for purchase, but then did a really fine job of choosing individual pieces that those of us attending were interested in purchasing and walking us through how we could incorporate an individual piece with decor we already had in our own homes. I have several pieces that I purchased from those presentations that I use yearound in my decor.

Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  After I saw the photo of your exquisite holiday decor, I thought ... you are exactly what Janine needs! I love Janine's collection but you hit on something with your comment about her taking a 'lighter hand'. The 'next evolution' could allow Janine the opportunity to incorporate individual pieces from her line into a variety of decor styles in addition to her signature high style look... which, as I have said before, I personally love and is similar to my own style...but I am a visual person... I want to see it! Many of her individual items could work beautifully into a variety of styles ... and Janine has the talent to highlight how to do it! We don't need to purchase all of it ... that is, unless we want to ... but sometimes the addition of one or two new pieces provides just the refresh we desire!

For several years, my sister and I attended an annual holiday design workshop/open house at a Pottery Barn in our local mall ...the presenter was really outstanding. She started with these designed displays where all of the items were Pottery Barn. The presenter would show us all of those items available for purchase, but then did a really fine job of choosing individual pieces that those of us attending were interested in purchasing and walking us through how we could incorporate an individual piece with decor we already had in our own homes. I have several pieces that I purchased from those presentations that I use yearound in my decor.

@Zsazsa  First, thank you very much for your kind words!

The rest of your post -- I want to raise my hands and say Yes! Yes! Yes!  I have the same sensibilities as you in terms of decor.  What a marvelous visual you gave in explaining it so much better than I did.