Esteemed Contributor

Re: Simply Stunning by Janine Graff Christmas Show!

[ Edited ]

Though some of the individual pieces were pretty, over all, just too much for my liking...too big, too shiny etc. I realize they are trying to sell everything shown, but it was over decorated and blown up!!!!! Thought her items would look great in a hotel lobby or a city/county building.

When the kids were little and I really decorated, my house said "holiday", but not scream it!!  Simple, traditional colors and lots of wood, folksy seasonal pieces, but not cutesy. 

I have always enjoyed Janine and watch her shows. Love the bags and Luminara, but her "Stunning" pieces are just not me.  Glad to see several different levels of decor presented on the Q though...

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@LavendarBlue wrote:

While I am very excited to see Q including a variety of tastes (finally) in Holiday Decor, and I love the direction this new line is taking ( and just bought lots from the show),  I also miss Lisa R's elegantly elevated line.  
It was just the right amount of upscale while still being in great taste.  I am a customer of  the fancy home catalogue as well as a huge QVC fan.  
With all the influencers on social media, I think more and more women are moving towards elegance and quiet, serene glamour in the home...

Hopefully Q will bring that again to us as this line succeeds.

@LavendarBlue   I agree with all you wrote .  I miss Lisa's line so much and have many of her Christmas items from her line when she was on the Q ,  so glad I have them !   Although the simply stunning line is not maybe as quietly elegant it does have that bling and elegance I love in decorating.   I am considering a few items.  I  wish that QVC would bring back the Inspire Me line as well ,  love her items ,  so very elegant for year round ! 

Valued Contributor

@corita -- I feel the same.  Sounds like you and I have the same style.  Christmas is nostalgic to me.  My decor is traditional, and casual.  My tree is filled with older family ornaments, some homemade.  My tree topper is 67 years old -- my parents got it as a wedding present.  I'm proud to display it each year.  And, by the way, I like to actually see the tree not just ornaments and embellishment!!  

You're right, Janine's line looks like it should be in the Waldorf Astoria hotel in Manhattan.  It is gorgeous.  I could see using it in a more formal room if you have one, especially if you entertain a lot.  If you're trying to impress the neighbors, "Simply Stunning" is for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I have to say, I really enjoyed the Simply Stunning presentation today! I liked most of the items, but I was a little disappointed in the ball ornaments that came with the 24 pc.set. H224497 They looked kind of cheap to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@corita -- I feel the same.  Sounds like you and I have the same style.  Christmas is nostalgic to me.  My decor is traditional, and casual.  My tree is filled with older family ornaments, some homemade.  My tree topper is 67 years old -- my parents got it as a wedding present.  I'm proud to display it each year.  And, by the way, I like to actually see the tree not just ornaments and embellishment!!  

You're right, Janine's line looks like it should be in the Waldorf Astoria hotel in Manhattan.  It is gorgeous.  I could see using it in a more formal room if you have one, especially if you entertain a lot.  If you're trying to impress the neighbors, "Simply Stunning" is for you.

--------------

Interestingly...that is one of the 'Stunning' areas that I did not like either.The trees were just too decorated!     

When I used to put up a tree...it was always green, star at the top and always decorated with oldish, family ornaments plus items made by the kids when they were little!  

Her items were pretty, but just not my style!!  Happy for Janine that viewers were excited about her pieces...different looks for different people!!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

There was one item I liked and felt I could use easily enough in my home:  the oxblood crabapple picks from the finishing set.  I couldn't spend that much for the whole set and probably wouldn't ever use the gold magnolia leaves, so I passed.  That color sold out, I see.

If anyone here gets the finishing set in oxblood/gold combo, could you please let me know if the picks have any glitter on them? The oxblood choice looked like snow only and no glitter, even though the other colors had glitter.  

Honored Contributor

I love many of the individual items in the Simply Stunning brand.  But I do think Janine does herself a disservice by loading so many things on her trees at one time.  It ends up looking gaudy and too in your face, instead of noticing the individual beautiful items.  

It's my favorite Chrstmas decor brand on QVC, but sensory overload is not a good selling tactic.  In fact, it can turn many buyers off.   

Contributor

Agree, I missed Lisa's line as well. Her mirror ornaments, pics etc... and Janine's line is over the top for me.  

Respected Contributor

I think it looks cheesy.