Esteemed Contributor

Re: Simply Stunning by Janine Graff Christmas Show!

I like to see different ways of decorating...then I can use some ideas for my home.....

Frequent Contributor

After reading the comments so far, I agree I like the items but I feel they are just  too big for my home.  If they were on a smaller scale I think they might be more appealing to more people. Maybe more of a medium size.  Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't want to seem catty here, and I love Janine Graff, both on air, and on her facebook, as she is so accommodating and helpful.

I believe her line was brought to QVC in answer to those of us crying for what had been missing in holiday elegance since Lisa Robertson's line was gone with her leaving. 

I'm sorry to say, it just doesn't cut it. It's not, to me, nearly the same level of elegance Lisa was presenting. There is something over the top, bordering on tacky about it, at least what I'm seeing in this photo. 

I will try to watch though, and see what the rest looks like. 

@Mominohio   You probably know this but just in case, Lisa sells all her beautiful Christmas things on her FB page. 

Honored Contributor

They look fine and I'm sure  in the right setting are lovely. However, they would not work in my simple home. They would not reflect my lifestyle at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love to look but that's about it.  I decorate beautifully IMO, of course.....LOL

But I do tend to take a simpler approach.... not so fancy schmansy!!   

Respected Contributor

It’s pretty, I guess, but when I look at it I just see a bunch of glittery red and gold items. Nothing special.

I guess my style is way different, I like to choose special pieces and accent them with other items (luminary candles, greenery, trees (bottlebrush or something similar)and illuminated gifts), if that makes any sense.

I do like Janine though and will watch her show to see what she has to offer.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom 

I have memories, so that's good enough for me.

My home is a brick Victorian and, at one time, I decorated to the hilt for Halloween and Christmas.  Mostly, I tried to use naturally elegant pieces with a Victorian flair.

I had a 12 ft tree that was huge and took two days to light and decorate.  I had it in a rotating stand.  It was stunning.  AND, I gave big parties to boot!

Now, my Christmas tree is a 2 ft tabletop tree with little plastic ornaments from Walmart and a tiny tree skirt.  That's about all the decorating I do! Cat LOL

While I miss all the fuss and such, we no longer entertain, and it is just me and my husband.  I just got tired of lugging things up and down 3 flights of steps every season.  

But, like you said, it's fun to look!

Super Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I hope you have photos from your days of fabulous parties and decor! It sounds like you have amazing memories to cherish!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is one angle of my Christmas tree from last year.  It's a similar theme and style, but not as much or as glitzy as Janine's promo shot for her Simply Stunning decor.  You can see some of her golden glitter banana leaves towards the top of my tree (I placed them all over, including in a tall vase, not shown). 

That's what I like, choosing one or two things in my style, and leaving the rest behind if's it's too much.

A7F31CBE-D8D0-4C69-9483-9483004B6664.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Might order the set of three cedar candle rings H224665. Like the way the cedar can be arranged to cascade down on a pedestal type candle holder or spread out if not on a pedestal. Only decision is gold or silver berries. Most of her other items, imo, are geared toward decorating a newer large home and that’s okay, something for everyone!