Honored Contributor

Shopping at Cracker Barrel today.

They have some very cute stuff out for spring. A salt & pepper set that looks like a teapot & cup with daffodils painted on it, a set of lovebirds salt & pepper dressed like a boy & girl. Lots of other really cute stuff.If you have a chance go & check it out. Or go to the website. DH & I were there checking out rockers for the front porch.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopping at Cracker Barrel today.

[ Edited ]

We have a Cracker Barrel close by but forget to go there.   Only when we travel.  I love their rocking chairs.   I have something similar on my deck.   We are leaving for FL in a week so will check it out on our way down.  Hope it warms up!!

Honored Contributor

I have to say Cracker Barrel has some nice decorations. Will have to check them out.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54  Unfortunately, the weatherman said today that we will have some short term warmth here but there is another polar vortex coming soon.Honestly, my poor potted plans are practically living in the garage to keep them from getting frost.

Trusted Contributor

I will keep a check on the weather and maybe postpone for a bit.  Lucky for me I  have two kids down there so I don't have to worry about reservations and a time constraint.  Hating the weather up here though.   

Honored Contributor

Love CB. I bought a couple of lamps and a wooden mirror w/multi colored wooden slats, collegiate rocker, several Gaither CDs, and numerous Christmas things through the years. Fun place to shop. Need to check spring  items. I live 1/2 mile from one.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Cracker Barrel too.  I have those rockers on my front porch, they've been out there for 15 years and I live in New England.  They have held up extremely well, may just need a paint job soon but very sturdy and well made.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal Thanks, I am pretty certain my DH is going to buy them. Do you have the slat seats or the rush seats?

Esteemed Contributor

We have the slat seats.   They really look nice on the front farmers porch.  I'm sure you will enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

We have the rush seats version, got them when we moved in 23 years ago. 

For many years I put them away in the winter in the garage (from the covered front porch), but the last maybe 8 or so we haven't. 

They are looking weathered, and I considered getting new ones, but after looking at the new ones, they aren't nearly as substantial as our older ones. 

I'm just going with the rustic look for now, and considering getting some black polyethylene ones when I find just the right style. 

Like these