Honored Contributor

I saw where some of you are starting to get delivers from CIJ purchases.

Heads up for those that may have concerns with a couple of things.

I made about 6 orders during Free Shipping Day. Most of those orders arrived, unannounced, still showing as "Processing". If I had issues about needing to know when my packages were going to be delivered (like not safe to leave them outside in my neighborhood, etc.), then I would have been out of luck. 

Then, I cancelled a few things during CIJ, just hours after ordering. I got confirmation at the time, and confirmation emails for those cancellations. Now those items are showing as shipped.

I don't know what the heck is going on with QVC but shipping is a bit of a nightmare lately. So beware to watch and see if cancelled merchandise is shipping to you, or be warned that packages may show up unexpectedly, still showing as 'processing' on their site.

I'm wondering if some people are getting things they didn't even order, as for one day last week, every time I tried to place an order, things were showing up in my cart that I hadn't put there!.

Just a head's up people!!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I saw where some of you are starting to get delivers from CIJ purchases.

Heads up for those that may have concerns with a couple of things.

I made about 6 orders during Free Shipping Day. Most of those orders arrived, unannounced, still showing as "Processing". If I had issues about needing to know when my packages were going to be delivered (like not safe to leave them outside in my neighborhood, etc.), then I would have been out of luck. 

Then, I cancelled a few things during CIJ, just hours after ordering. I got confirmation at the time, and confirmation emails for those cancellations. Now those items are showing as shipped.

I don't know what the heck is going on with QVC but shipping is a bit of a nightmare lately. So beware to watch and see if cancelled merchandise is shipping to you, or be warned that packages may show up unexpectedly, still showing as 'processing' on their site.

I'm wondering if some people are getting things they didn't even order, as for one day last week, every time I tried to place an order, things were showing up in my cart that I hadn't put there!.

Just a head's up people!!

@Mominohio  This happened to me also during the free ship, but I received letters from Q apologizing, saying I could return without any cost as I had cancelled them, but they had been shipped.

Honored Contributor

I was just thinking things had improved.  I ordered 3 items on July 13th, and all 3 shipped on the 14th.  UPS just delivered one of them.  Maybe it was just Christmas items that were in chaos. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I ended up ordering just the luminara tsv during CIJ.  It shipped thursday and tracking shows it arriving tomorrow.  

On free shipping day, I cancelled two tops I ordered the day before and reordered with free shipping.  I also got an apology letter yesterday saying one top shipped anyway and I can return at no charge.  I thought I forgot to cancel it!!!  It came late last week.  I will be returning later this week.

I totally get your point about things just showing up.  I like to keep an eye on things.  I haven't had any trouble, but who knows.  Or I go away and order something I expect to be delivered after I get home and it arrives three days early.

Honored Contributor

Do Y'all know that you can sign up on the UPS website to be notified 24 hours in advance as to when your packages will be delivered?  I've never done it but I think you can reschedule deliveries if you're not going to be home. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do Y'all know that you can sign up on the UPS website to be notified 24 hours in advance as to when your packages will be delivered?  I've never done it but I think you can reschedule deliveries if you're not going to be home. 

Problem is that Q is shipping out through different companies more now than I have ever seen before. 

Some of mine start with UPS then go to USPS. Others are coming straight through from USPS from the beginning. USPS has terrible tracking, and you can't track a package you've never been given a number for. I had several last week that never showed shipped, but came to the door while still showing in process. I had no idea they had shipped at all let alone what company they were shipped with.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping woes!

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Problem is that Q is shipping out through different companies more now than I have ever seen before. 

Some of mine start with UPS then go to USPS. Others are coming straight through from USPS from the beginning. USPS has terrible tracking, and you can't track a package you've never been given a number for. I had several last week that never showed shipped, but came to the door while still showing in process. I had no idea they had shipped at all let alone what company they were shipped with.

@Mominohio  If you sign up, UPS will send an email telling you when, how it will be delivered, and where the package will be delivered.  You will receive an email the day before, an email the day of, and an email telling you the package was delivered.  You can also sign up for My Choice, which I have done due to so many delivery issues.

Super Contributor

Another thing QVC does; if you put an item on check status; you mail a check thinking  the item is being held for you, well it's not.. QVC fills order for immediate ship first, not taking into a account for people who have a check hold.. This spring, I had put VPH pink fluted jar on check status; they sold it, disregarding my check hold.....  I was livid because I wanted that color & now it's no longer available.. Urrrr

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio  If you sign up, UPS will send an email telling you when, how it will be delivered, and where the package will be delivered.  You will receive an email the day before, an email the day of, and an email telling you the package was delivered.  You can also sign up for My Choice, which I have done due to so many delivery issues.

@mousiegirl

I don't think that will work if they are handing the package off to USPS, which is how a lot of our things come (rural). But it would be one more way to know about at least some of the packages, that stay within the UPS system. 

Most frustrating is that I've seen them transfer packages to USPS from our local UPS hub, on a day that the UPS driver goes right down the road. Or better yet they transfer one package to USPS on the same day the UPS truck brings another package (both from QVC) to my door.

When one of our packages gets transferred from UPS to USPS, it can take two (or even four) more days to get it, especially if transferred on a Friday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping woes!

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mousiegirl

I don't think that will work if they are handing the package off to USPS, which is how a lot of our things come (rural). But it would be one more way to know about at least some of the packages, that stay within the UPS system. 

Most frustrating is that I've seen them transfer packages to USPS from our local UPS hub, on a day that the UPS driver goes right down the road. Or better yet they transfer one package to USPS on the same day the UPS truck brings another package (both from QVC) to my door.

When one of our packages gets transferred from UPS to USPS, it can take two (or even four) more days to get it, especially if transferred on a Friday.

@Mominohio  Yes, it works.  My packages from here are mailed UPS.  UPS then decides if they will be delivered by truck or handed to USPS, Surepost, happens quite a bit, and I receive an email telling me this.  I am also signed up for delivery to my access point since I have to sign for everythihng, and I can't live my life just waiting for UPS to show up as I never know when, so UPS decides Surepost, truck delivery, or access point, as not everything is eligible for delivery to an access point.

The best part of this is that you will be kept informed so there will be no wondering what is going on.