Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do Y'all know that you can sign up on the UPS website to be notified 24 hours in advance as to when your packages will be delivered?  I've never done it but I think you can reschedule deliveries if you're not going to be home. 

I just signed up because I ordered a Heat press for T shirts when my daughter makes things with her Cricut and I didn't want to have a pacakage that size sitting on my porch. I got a window of the expected time for delivery. Was very happy!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do Y'all know that you can sign up on the UPS website to be notified 24 hours in advance as to when your packages will be delivered?  I've never done it but I think you can reschedule deliveries if you're not going to be home. 

Problem is that Q is shipping out through different companies more now than I have ever seen before. 

Some of mine start with UPS then go to USPS. Others are coming straight through from USPS from the beginning. USPS has terrible tracking, and you can't track a package you've never been given a number for. I had several last week that never showed shipped, but came to the door while still showing in process. I had no idea they had shipped at all let alone what company they were shipped with.

@Mominohio  If you sign up, UPS will send an email telling you when, how it will be delivered, and where the package will be delivered.  You will receive an email the day before, an email the day of, and an email telling you the package was delivered.  You can also sign up for My Choice, which I have done due to so many delivery issues.

@mousiegirl

I don't think that will work if they are handing the package off to USPS, which is how a lot of our things come (rural). But it would be one more way to know about at least some of the packages, that stay within the UPS system. 

Most frustrating is that I've seen them transfer packages to USPS from our local UPS hub, on a day that the UPS driver goes right down the road. Or better yet they transfer one package to USPS on the same day the UPS truck brings another package (both from QVC) to my door.

When one of our packages gets transferred from UPS to USPS, it can take two (or even four) more days to get it, especially if transferred on a Friday.

@Mominohio  Yes, it works.  My packages from here are mailed UPS.  UPS then decides if they will be delivered by truck or handed to USPS, Surepost, happens quite a bit, and I receive an email telling me this.  I am also signed up for delivery to my access point since I have to sign for everythihng, and I can't live my life just waiting for UPS to show up as I never know when, so UPS decides Surepost, truck delivery, or access point, as not everything is eligible for delivery to an access point.

The best part of this is that you will be kept informed so there will be no wondering what is going on.

@mousiegirl

Ok! I didn't think it would work once the package was transferred to the USPS. Good to know!

I think for  some people, once the hand off to USPS is made, they get their package really quickly (and always the next day), but for some reason, ours gets to sit awhile sometimes. 

Never will figure it out!

Honored Contributor

I ordered a lantern on 7/9/17...still waiting.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Problem is that Q is shipping out through different companies more now than I have ever seen before. 

Some of mine start with UPS then go to USPS. Others are coming straight through from USPS from the beginning. USPS has terrible tracking, and you can't track a package you've never been given a number for. I had several last week that never showed shipped, but came to the door while still showing in process. I had no idea they had shipped at all let alone what company they were shipped with.

@Mominohio  If you sign up, UPS will send an email telling you when, how it will be delivered, and where the package will be delivered.  You will receive an email the day before, an email the day of, and an email telling you the package was delivered.  You can also sign up for My Choice, which I have done due to so many delivery issues.

@mousiegirl

I don't think that will work if they are handing the package off to USPS, which is how a lot of our things come (rural). But it would be one more way to know about at least some of the packages, that stay within the UPS system. 

Most frustrating is that I've seen them transfer packages to USPS from our local UPS hub, on a day that the UPS driver goes right down the road. Or better yet they transfer one package to USPS on the same day the UPS truck brings another package (both from QVC) to my door.

When one of our packages gets transferred from UPS to USPS, it can take two (or even four) more days to get it, especially if transferred on a Friday.

@Mominohio  Yes, it works.  My packages from here are mailed UPS.  UPS then decides if they will be delivered by truck or handed to USPS, Surepost, happens quite a bit, and I receive an email telling me this.  I am also signed up for delivery to my access point since I have to sign for everythihng, and I can't live my life just waiting for UPS to show up as I never know when, so UPS decides Surepost, truck delivery, or access point, as not everything is eligible for delivery to an access point.

The best part of this is that you will be kept informed so there will be no wondering what is going on.

@mousiegirl

Ok! I didn't think it would work once the package was transferred to the USPS. Good to know!

I think for  some people, once the hand off to USPS is made, they get their package really quickly (and always the next day), but for some reason, ours gets to sit awhile sometimes. 

Never will figure it out!

@Mominohio The entire delivery system is convoluted, to say the least, but unless we stop shopping, fat chance, lol, we are stuck with it.

Super Contributor

I am so glad I saw this post.  I had EDD of 7/18 for Poopouri.  On the 18th it showed UPS had transferred the package to the post office.  On the 19th, it still showed the same thing on the tracking order.  So I printed it out and went to the post office.  The postmistress was able to track down the USPS number from the UPS tracking number.  She said that the package was not at the local post office, but at a facility closest to the UPS office.  She said it should be delivered to the local post office on 7/20 and be delivered to me by my carrier that afternoon or on the 21st.

I went home and an hour later the package was delivered.  Today I see that another package is out for delivery today, but UPS says they will deliver instead of the post office.  I am very frustrated.  I would like to know if there is any way we can know who is delivering before we order.  I have four more packages on order through QVC and prefer UPS. 

Honored Contributor

They finally shipped the one thing I ordered from CIJ today.  As long as I've shopped here I don't know why I'm surprised orders take this long to ship :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I also had a problem with one of two items ordered on free shipping day. The QVC website showed that the item had SHIPPED almost immediately, but  all I could " see" was that shipping information was forwarded. Sadly, two calls to CS showed that no one could trace the item after a little over a week. I got a refund approved which has not yet appeared in my account.  Today I saw that my PRIME website had the same item.  I just ordered. So, I scored free shipping anyway. Smiley Happy

Most of my Christmas weekend items have arrived.  I will check each of those items and try batteries over the weekend.