New Contributor

Seeking Christmas tree recommendations

I am seeking recommendations for a pre lit tree (9 ft height ish).   I am hoping to save a bit during CIJ or by catching a TSV but wanted to do some homework first so I don't just buy for the price and not be satisfied. Thank you in advance!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Seeking Christmas tree recommendations

I decorate with multiple trees inside and outsoide my home. I've had good luck with  the following brands:

Balsam Hill

Bethlehem lights

Santa's Best

Valerie Parr Hill (smaller trees under 5')

I have both the multi and white lights and a few of the 5' and under have the control that is the variety of color and motion. 

There is also a site called Treetopia that others recomened to me but I have never purchased from them.

Hope one of these work for you. 

Honored Contributor

I recommend Vickerman or Balsam Hill, but they can be pricey.

QVC sells some Vickerman, but this company makes many styles and sizes.  See Balsam Hill on their website.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@janlynnk wrote:

I am seeking recommendations for a pre lit tree (9 ft height ish).   I am hoping to save a bit during CIJ or by catching a TSV but wanted to do some homework first so I don't just buy for the price and not be satisfied. Thank you in advance!

@janlynnk 

After a disappointing experience with my Valerie Parr Hill Christmas tree (it only lasted a year and a half) my recommendation is to check out Home Depot (they usually start getting their trees in October)....they had the best prices and the best quality trees (the trees really last) ---- and I looked all over town here in Texas....They also ship trees, but the only problem with that is is you cant check them out in person...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@janlynnk  Balsam Hill will have their best sale prices of the year..usually 50% - 75% off the original prices.  You're just in time...the sale starts July 1st and goes for about 2 or 3 weeks.  You can get some beautiful trees at a fraction of the price.  These same trees will sell in the fall and winter for their actual price, not sale price.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!