Honored Contributor

Re: Seasonal decorating......

I really enjoy decorating for fall and Christmas. I always pick a day when I have nothing else on my calendar and can take my time. No one will see it this year, but that's okay. I enjoy it alone and stay positive and grateful for another year.

Esteemed Contributor

It took me around 4 - 5 hours to put up Autumn. But I took down spring/summer curtains then I ironed and put up fall curtains and cleaned the windows as well. I put out a few pumpkins and incorporated some fall leaves in my greenery and changed out throw pillows and changed wreath. 

Honored Contributor

My acknowledgement of fall is pared down.  Let's see-- I have my little hedgehog out, and an art glass, burnt orange pumpkin in a bowl with pinecones, acorns, etc.  And a white ceramic pumpkin.   Brought out my two autumn throw pillows.  I have a thick, vanilla colored, cozy throw on the couch.  And my two owls out....     

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 I love that you felt like decorating this year after not doing so for 20 years. I like all the color in your display and like your leafy green view out the window. Thank you for sharing your pics.
Super Contributor

We only do extensive decorating for Christmas, and that usually takes us probably 10 hours, I'm guessing. We do most of it the weekend after Thanksgiving.

We have some decorations for other seasons, but definitely no more than 1 hour for indoor decorating.

I like to change my "porch scape" every season, and that can take several hours because we might go to the local plant nursery and change out the potted plants. 

Super Contributor

I'm the same - absolutely ages for Christmas!  I used to love doing it, but as I get older I dont enjoy it so much!  Tree first which takes hours, then dining table, then mantelpiece. I donated several boxes in a garage sale, thinking I would find it easier, but I hardly notice the difference.