Respected Contributor

Re: Santa's Best TSV -- Thoughts?

I want a 5ft slim tree with warm white twinkle lights, my search continues....

Regular Contributor

I’ve had really bad luck with faux prelit trees. Two different ones that I purchased from QVC have lasted one Christmas season. By the following Christmas, the lights started dying. So even though the flocked version is beautiful I won’t risk it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the 5' Santa's Best from the prior year. It is a beautiful tree and the light features are great!  It is very full which I prefer and no too much fussing with the branches. I have this on a table in my family room. I'm tempted to get the flocked tree this year in the 7 1/2' but what I really want is an all white tree w/o flocking but budget friendly and multi lights. I'm having a difficult time with the cost of S&H on the trees. Is this shocking others? I thought on prior trees for the TSV the s7H was included. I guess those options are gone. Too bad.    

Valued Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

I'm dying to hear what everyone thinks of the TSV Trees -- I'm thinking Big, Beautiful and Expensive!! 

@Beauty Maven
My thoughts are "Too Expensive!"

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

We lost our tree in our flooded basement so we were debating the 6.5 ft. tree, but we have decided not to purchase. There is only a 2 year light warranty and for $400 that is not good enough for us. Maybe we’ll just buy a plain tree and string our own lights (which is what we have been doing forever).

Esteemed Contributor

They are very pretty but only a 2 yr guarentee doesn't seem very good to me for that price...

Frequent Contributor

Just placed my order. Hoping it’s all they say. We are downsizing and a 6 1/2 foot tree are hard to find with BOTH colored and white lights. I really don’t need all the functions but I just will use a few that I want. Liking the starry light look. 

Valued Contributor

@mardy wrote:

Just placed my order. Hoping it’s all they say. We are downsizing and a 6 1/2 foot tree are hard to find with BOTH colored and white lights. I really don’t need all the functions but I just will use a few that I want. Liking the starry light look. 

@mardy
Good Luck - from the reviews from  last years tree, people had a lot of problems with the multi-functions. I hope you have better luck. Once you get your tree, let us know how you like it.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

They are very pretty but only a 2 yr guarentee doesn't seem very good to me for that price...

@Nataliesgramma
Tree manufactures usually only gives a 2 year guarantee on a prelit tree.  Personally, I think the prices are too high.

Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

The Santa's Best are very pretty in person. We ordered one last year for our office lobby; but it didn't fit the space, so we had to send it back. However, it was beautiful when plugged in. The lights were fantastic. The only issue I observed was that it seemed to be smaller than the advertised height. I don't really think they are too expensive compared to the Balsam Hill. We have a Costco tree with the combo white and multi. It has lasted for 4 years now, so we figure it doesn't owe us anything. A fresh tree usually costs us $50.00 per year. So, there you go.